Which is better STP or Lucas oil treatments?

or are they the same stuff in a different bottle?

Favorite Answer

Neither. If you want your oil pump to force the greatest volume of oil to frictional surfaces quickly at start-up you should use the oil viscosity the manufacturer calls for with no oil-thickening additives. Keep in mind during any temperature of start-up is where 80% of engine wear occurs. If you dump molasses in the crankcase oil, it takes too long to pump the oil upstairs and robs horsepower and mileage cause the oil pump turns harder.

Do some research and find one professional race engine builder or race team who uses either product.

Source(s): Alignment, suspension and brake shop.

Just depends on what kind of vehicle you are putting it in. If its a smaller vehicle that has a timing chain dont use lucas. I have a 95 sentra and the lucas made the oil so thick it clogged the chain injectors and heat temped the gears and chain. if its a bigger vehicle your good. just preference we use STP. I think its a lot better. but thats my opinion.

<a href="http://www.ilovebodykits.com">body/ Kits</a>

stp is good for the average person or for people who are not car people. For car people or enthusiasts or who must have the best at any cost than Lucas is the way to go. I always go with Lucas. I feel it i better to spend a few dollars more and have the best I can get for my car.

i perfer lucas 200-1 over stp and no they are not the same stuff in a different bottle.

i used lucas in my semi truck differentials and oil, and never used a drop in 10,000 miles and in the winter no matter how cold it got, the rearends never felt stiff which means its constant lubrication.

i have also used their fuel treatments in the diesel tanks as well as my personal automobile and the difference is noticable.

Source(s): countryboy...what are u a "top contributor" of anyway? u post, 'find a professional race team or builder that uses it"...sooooo, i guess in your world the NHRA top fueler piloted by morgan lucas doesn't exist? or antron brown in NHRA motorcycle; or the lucas oil powerboat racing series team.... nah, none of them are professional builders or race teams... what does it take to be a 'top contributor' anyway, just to answer questions weather one knows anything about the subject or not..yahoo really needs to take a better look at 'top contributors' and their actual value to others. http://www.lucasoil.com/articles1-3898/LucasOilspo... http://www.powerboatp1.com/teams/endurance/lucasoi...

I think LUCAS stole STP formula! We used STP years ago for oil burning cars, STP got lazy advertising it's products, so LUCAS came on the scene with full force ads and blew away STP selling the same thing. anyway thanks LUCAS for the stadium. !!!!!

• ken k

i swear that lucas has a small mechanic in the stuff/i have used it in the used car lot and it works great/ cant say enough good about it