School rigor and I'm tired of it (long story)?

I'm taking the most rigorous courses at my high school (IB). You know, I was pretty excited to start my junior year. I'm not against learning or even homework at all, and I guess I had felt a little excited to do busier things. But it's already been more than a couple of months now (I'm not even... show more I'm taking the most rigorous courses at my high school (IB). You know, I was pretty excited to start my junior year. I'm not against learning or even homework at all, and I guess I had felt a little excited to do busier things. But it's already been more than a couple of months now (I'm not even sure), and I feel my life has been sucked by this ominous black hole. My life has been taken over on a daily basis--go to classes, then go home and do homework till late in the morning--repeat. I never thought of school as this as much of a problem, but now it's ALL I ever do now the workload. Essentially, that's not that terrible, but I feel as if school is incredibly limiting in what I do, as I feel I don't have much of a choice in any matter. As my English teacher told us, "Basically if you don't like this English stuff (literature, poems, writing about these), then you won't do well in this class...so I suggest you all to make yourselves enjoy it".
Well, I know I do have a choice as a student, but something keeps on nagging me to maintain those straight A's, involvement in EC's, ect. Our school ranks based by GPA, so I do indeed feel quite some pressure. I wish I could just let go and be content, achieving a less-than-stellar (5.0)
GPA.
I know life "out there" probably isn't much less redundant or restricting, and I shouldn't be whining so much about high school, but then it makes me wonder why I'm doing all of this, including living itself (although I definitely have things I really love in life, such as music, "learning" random things via internet. But, of course, these are considered worthless academically in schools).
You know, I kinda like my school. For the most part, I'm okay with the classes, the teachers, and the students. I talk with people, but never socialize, and end up observing my classmates laugh together, cause I feel incapable of getting intimate with anyone. It pains me a little bit that they will be going through these dreaded years together, while I will stand alone with absolutely no one to confide in. (IB is kind of famous for getting the students to bond and work together through the academically tough years). I will bathe in my own feelings of I-alone-in-this-world, as I'm incapable of forming decent relationships (including, but to a different extent, my family).
But I've kind of gotten over these feelings, as I can't just cry about it. Overall, I still feel pretty stressed, which may sometimes go further.