Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationFishing · 1 decade ago

why do i need a license to fish if?

there are "plenty of fish in the sea?"

Favorite Answer

Why do you need a license to drive a car? Yes you have to have a license to fish and good luck on the idea o.k.

• Josh

Its not about how many fish are being kept. And its not a bad thing to need a fishing licnese. The money spent on fishing licenses go to local fish and wildlife agencies for the most part. With that money they are able to maintain good quality lakes and keep the right amount of fish stocked in lakes for your own convenience. If licnenses weren't necessary then there wouldn't be any public places worth fishing in the long run. This money isnt being wasted by any means. Look at it like you're paying for yourself and future generations to be able to enjoy the great outdoors, after all 20 bucks to fish all year wherever you please isnt all that bad.

On the other hand, theres many places that you have to pay to fish each and every day (pay lakes). These places really are just stealing people's money. They do need so much money to keep the lake "fishable" but not nearly as much as what they make on a year to year basis.

• ?

No more free fishing. It used to be so wonderful to pack up a picnic lunch and go get grandma and grandpa and all the little kids and taking em fishing and spend time together. Now it spends an arm and a leg to just go fishing. You need the license to fish so you don't over load on them. Isn't that a crime?

because buying a license suports your states/countrys wealth...buying a license helps the fish and game restock fish that may need to be...buying a fishing license helps everyone

well betty fishing permit revenue goes to a lot of sources including paying people to catch people who don't buy permits. also the revenue goes to restocking and research. if you are referring to men when you talk about plenty of fish in the sea and that is your real picture, you will need more than a permit baby.

• Summer

So the goverment can tax you. Why? Because they CAN and WILL.

Period.

There is not much we can do about it.

It sucks.

But not for me.

I do not have to have a license.

I am only 14.

Yea for me.

For 2 years.

Only.

Then i have to start getting a license.

No...!

Please answer mine!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoBSO...

to pay for salary and retirement for all the people that are watching you to make sure to have a fishing license

Just another way for them to get their grubby mitts on your cash.

I hit a deer with my car. I'm surprised the town didn't fine me for not having a hunting license.

So you don't get more than your fair share. You can thank corporate greed for that.

• John

So you don't eat all the fish fatso