? asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Wearing pants after stomach tattoo?

I am getting a tattoo right below my navel. It's about 5 inches long and will stop right above my...well you get the picture. I have 5 tattoos already. However, this is the first one that interferes with wearing clothes. I go in to talk to my tattoo artist Monday, but would like answers now so I can make an appropriate appointment time. It might be impossible to wear my pants lower than the tat or higher than the tat. I will NOT wear jeans. But...my question is...will it be ok to wear loose pants? (stretch pants/sweatpants) I can't get an appointment on a Friday because she will be gone for a month on tattoo conventions. Not sure if I can get it done on a Tuesday and have it be not just ok, but good, while I work in loose pants for the rest of the week. Any experiences/advice someone can share? Thanks!

Update:

basically, any pants I wear, the waistband will be resting on the tattoo.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just wear sweatpants.

• OMC
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I wouldnt worry too much. You will most likely need touch ups in the areas where the skin folds. The act of sitting and standing will be a little uncomfortable, but as long as you do the proper aftercare, it wont be too bad as long as the waist band isnt tight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.