Do they scan IDs when taking a drug test?

ok so i lost my ID and wont get it for another 2-3 weeks but i have to go take a drug test for my job and i REALLY need this job and in order to take the drug test i have to show an ID im considering just going to get a fake ID and try to pass that off but do they scan the IDs? or just take a glance or make a copy? ugh i dont know what 2 do!!

i dont have any other form of a picture ID i called and asked if i could take my old school ID and they said no it has to be a recent photo ID!!

Favorite Answer

Crazy thought but you could always just say you can take the drug test but you're gonna need more time to get your ID....Honesty works especially when your trying to get a job.

"they couldn't fire me without 100% proof" Wrong. This would seriously undermine business discretion and efficiency, requiring them to conduct trials with something far, far beyonf the civil burden of proof (51%) and even beyond the CRIMINAL standard. Plus, they can avoid this whole issue by saying that you don't guard your trucks, or something, because apparently things go missing with you and you loose the company money. I can't make a conclusion about unemployment. Termination with valid basis precludes you from benefits, so this comes right back to the issue of you alleging wrongful termination. That's the issue here. You have a tough argument, in my opinion. That said, you might have taken the test and been able to point to the disconnect between marijuana use as evidence suggesting you pulled a heist. But you didn't take the test. Instead, my guess is that you signed an agreement subjecting yourself to drug screening. You refused, you breached, and they had cause to fire you. This is not to mention the other arguably valid cause: youdirectly or indirectly losing the company money (lost products) and being suspected of behavior (theft) that might cause them to continue to lose money in the future. You're innocent until proven guilty in a CRIMINAL court OF LAW; although you do have protections from wrongful termination in the workplace, they are lesser benefits of doubt. Companies make business decisions (like hiring/firing), weighing liabilities with benefits. You threatened to be a liability. It would be impractical to say all businesses could only make business decisions after thourough investigation, every time, and what's more, they could ONLY act if, after investigating, they came to a conclusion with "100% certainty." 100% certainty doesn't exist, and if it did, it would still be a standard far beyond what is practical for businesses. They would slow to a stop with this kind of burden. Instead, they decline risky contracts, hire less risky people, and fire the riskier ones. I'm sympathetic because I don't personally think marijuana is a harmful drug (enough to warrant firing in this business), yet the business was within their right to demand a drug test. What's worse, it sounds like you were a resistant and grating employee when they did ask, demanding they "prove it." In this job climate especially, that's a poor decision. If you had understood their position, you might have been able to reason with them and have them give you another chance.

just bring any photo id, pass port works, drivers license health card anything that has your name and picture on it, and you may be able to pass of a fake id but if you get caught you are screwed.

Just take the DMV reciept and your social security card with you. It should be enough. Don't start a new job under false pretenses!!

They must be very proud of you at the place where you work...

you must have photo I.D.