Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

No wonder THE 0bama did not want us to see his academic work. Are you pleased with what he has to say about?

our Constitution?

October 21st, 2009 6:46 pm

Obama and the Constitution; He Has His Doubts

Michael Ledeen

I missed this first time around. Brian Lancaster at Jumping in Pools reported on Obama’s college thesis, written when he was at Columbia. The paper was called “Aristocracy Reborn,” and in the first ten pages (which were all that reporter Joe Klein–who wrote about it for Time–was permitted to see), the young Obama wrote:

“… the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy.”

That’s quite an indictment, even for an Ivy League undergraduate. I wonder if the prof–and I’d like to know who the prof was–made an appropriate marginal comment, something about historical context, about the Constitution’s revolutionary status in the history of freedom, and about the separation of powers in order to make the creation of any “shackles” as difficult as possible.

Maybe instead of fuming about words that Rush Limbaugh never uttered, the paladins of the free press might ask the president about words that he did write. Maybe he’d like to parse “the so-called Founders,” for example. I’d like to know what he thinks of those words today. And what about the rest of the thesis?

http://pajamasmedia.com/michaelledeen/2009/10/21/o...

Favorite Answer

As late as 2001, then Senator Obama was on the radio in Chicago reiterating the same words;

He stated that the error in the Civil Rights era was that "redistribution of wealth" was not addressed. Obama clearly feels EXACTLY the same about our Founders now as he did when he wrote that Thesis, and it makes me feel like vomiting on someone's shoe, quite honestly.

This man should never have been elected, and he would NOT have been elected except that we all know that papers were hidden and made unavailable to the public as well as his past comments, his radical associations, etc...

In addition, the Media decided they wanted to protect and even lie about him. Meanwhile, a public who so badly wanted hope and change, grabbed onto that message BUT NEVER ASKED OBAMA WHAT KIND OF CHANGE HE INTENDED. Now, we are looking at becoming the next Venezuela.

One final note: Obama is either lying in his thesis or else he is a very stupid man, because the FEDERALIST PAPERS addressed the idea of redistribution of wealth in great detail. Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and others stated over and over again that a people CANNOT BE FREE if their property and their industry (their work and earnings) can be coveted and stolen from them; this, they say, is the beginning of Anarchy and tyranny. Thats what our "so-called

Founders" said about it.

The reason the Constitution does not provide for distribution of wealth is because IT WOULD BE THE END OF ANY THOUGHT OF FREEDOM AND RIGHTS FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Thanks for bringing this to the forum today.

Source(s): Read the Federalist Papers and find out all the rest of the lies or misinformation Mr. Obama likes to pour out like stale milk.

How can one 'swear an oath' to uphold the Constitution of the United States, as the President of the USA...then constantly talk CRAP about such a firm, clear, and precisely written God breathed document ???

Our Forefathers KNEW that one day a people as such would rise up and do everything under the sun to disregard it and attempt to dismantle it.

Well, that day IS UPON US...!!

It's up to the citizenry of this great country to put and END to the forementioned acts.

Karl was white and had a beard Obama is half white and his wife has a beard, both are devout Marxist one the teacher the other the student, I am glad I'm not a liberal but sorry if I intruded;-)

I love how the D.N.C. looks the other way with this guy all the time. He was a Marxist but they say well that's what he believed at one time. I say a leopard never changes it's spots. It is not hard to see the Marxist tones in his polices. But what do you expect from a party that has members who say and a quote from a local democrat "you say socialism like it's a bad thing"

Obama said a few days before the election."We are only five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." How can a patriot even make a statement like that. To a patriot there need be no transformation. Synonyms of transform are, transfigure, convert mean to change one thing into another. Transform suggests changing from one form, appearance, structure, or type to another: to transform soybeans into oil and meal by pressure. Convert suggests so changing the characteristics as to change the use or purpose: to convert a barn into a house. Transforming freedom, capitalism, and free market into socialism and then to Communism.

Just to point out Randa, You are my new favorite Contact on Y!A

I agree again 100% to this one!

If you noticed, Obama has been battling FOX and Rush, O'Reilly etc....

He spent 150 minutes last Saturday discussing topics about FOX and it's affiliates. SHOULDN'T WE BE CONCENTRATING ON THE CRISIS HERE IN U.S. AND AFGHANISTAN RATHER THAN SOMEONE HE DOESN'T LIKE?

I really wish things "CHANGE" here in the U.S.!

Appreciate the info!

Simply put: The man is clearly a liar and an idiot on top of that.

He lied his way in to power and the people that voted for him believed him. Shameful...

Soon Randa you should have your own talk show. "Welcome to todays , lets bash the President" You should have no problem getting Rush to back you.

we all know that he is interested in redistribution of wealth. he plans to give it all to acorn.

"so-called Founders"???? That is pretty disturbing.

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy