Anonymous

How Come On News Channels...Only The White Reporters Get Camera Time !!?

I was watching the news today on MSNBC & there were very attractive Black news reporters. However, everytime the Black reporter was reporting, the camera would show their face for literally 3 seconds & while they were talking the camera would shift & focus on numbers or other scenery.

But as soon as the White male/female reporter started talking; the camera focused on them the ENTIRE time until they were finished speaking. They only showed the Black reporters from an angle.

I call this "sutble racism".....why is America like this?

In my opinion the female/Black reporter was MUCH more attractive then the White male reporter....why did the Whites keep getting more time????

@Mel(whatever ur name is)..try paying attention...I never "lumped Whites together"

@Maureen ..I've noticed this w/ many other networks...u just dont notice it OR understand because ur not Black

@Ninos I didnt give u a thumbs down...the dumb ppl who cant handle differences of opinions blocked you.

Favorite Answer

Black ones are too busy shielding the white man. But seriously, where I am there's a female black reporter and a male one. One in the morning and one in the evening. So I guess it's just area based.

Whether what you are saying has merit or not, I think the fact that you think the black reporter deserves more time on camera because she is more attractive to be equally damning.

Meloufs, where did she make a general statement about white people?

San Diego - Our 10:00 news has a black lead anchor. Fail.

Why do U complain in every question U ask?

Here's a deep one 4 ya... Why do the white chess pieces always get 2 go 1st?... That's a thinker, huh?... U like that? (This should keep her busy 4 a while)

YOU have a problem. You are sitting there counting minutes, who has what.

Switch the station if you do not like what you will see. CNN for instance have many excellent black news reporters who spend a lot of time on camera.

Also many other stations that we get, also have black reporters who are the main stay of the station,.

It seems you are looking for problems. Switch if you don't like what you see.

Thats absurd and you know it. Maybe it's just the city you live in because we have a black news caster were I live.

• You have way too much time on your hands if you are timing news reporters "time on film". Get a hobby.

Even a black person called you out on your idiocy.

"I hate when ppl ...... keep on complaining when they should be thanking God for another day & another breath."

Just want to point out...you're practicing "subtle racism" right now by lumping all whites together.

hahahahahah ILY

because it is proven ratings go down when they show or feature black people. when you put blacks on the covers of magazines people don't buy it. not even other blacks.

so blacks, instead of complaining why don't you do something about it? tune in to the news when there are black reporters, or buy magazines when they feature black people.

Source(s): television, movies, news channels, magazines they are out to make money, and black doesn't sell. For example (maybe you can understand when its not about black) Women often complain and say these skinny airbrushed perfect models on magazine covers are unrealistic and we want to see real full figured women. but then we don't back that up when they put a real full figured untouched woman on the front cover. because women don't buy it. if you are going to complain then do something to change it. don't just sit back. edit: why the thumbs down? if you don't believe me go research the statistics. or go ask a magazine editor. i work in the entertaiment industry and know this. its a fact of life. but blacks can stop complaining about it and do something if they want.