Do frogs sleep with their eyes open?

I've noticed my frog's pupils get smaller in the day when he's not doing anything then get bigger when he is about to eat, so I was wondering if he was sleeping or if it was something else. Do frogs sleep with their eyes open or closed? I know the bullfrog doesn't sleep but this is a pacman frog.

Forgo to mention I notice this when the light is not on that his pupils get smaller, also when I turn on the lights his pupils actually get bigger, am I the only that gets this with the pacman frog?

Favorite Answer

Good question. Treefrogs do sleep with their eyes closed during the day. They have an upper and lower eyelid and a semi-transparent nictitating membrane or 3rd eyelid. Bullfrogs and horned frogs (pacman frogs) also have upper and lower eyelids. They can and do close their eyelids when sleeping. Many frogs are diurnal and they don't sleep during the day. That may be why you don't see them close their eyelids and go to sleep. The pupil can respond to light and get smaller in frogs as it does in other animals.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do frogs sleep with their eyes open?

I've noticed my frog's pupils get smaller in the day when he's not doing anything then get bigger when he is about to eat, so I was wondering if he was sleeping or if it was something else. Do frogs sleep with their eyes open or closed? I know the bullfrog doesn't sleep but this...

Source(s): frogs sleep eyes open: https://tr.im/x2YJZ

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avGif

Scientifically not possible for human I know Frog can sleep with its eyes open. But practically its possible for us too.. i have done that many a times in my undergraduate classes.. when its boring to hear the lecture of some professors.

• Robin

Some people can

from what i ve seen with pacman frogs, yes, they sleep with their eyes open

tricky subject. browse into google. that will can assist!