What is the best type of lighting timer or motion sensor for commercial buildings?

I'm looking into writing grants so my university can install lighting timers and/or motion sensors to become more efficient. There are all these names such as time delay relay, and power on, power off, and I'm not sure which one I need. My priority is getting them for the school bookstore, which is very... show more I'm looking into writing grants so my university can install lighting timers and/or motion sensors to become more efficient.

There are all these names such as time delay relay, and power on, power off, and I'm not sure which one I need. My priority is getting them for the school bookstore, which is very large but has set hours and won't need to be changed often. They may also need to overrule it at times if it's out of whack.

What type/brand would be best?

Thanks!