JenJen
JenJen asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Anyone ever try Cymbalta for Depression?

How does it compare to the other ones like Zoloft or Lexapro?

Favorite Answer

Like the above Cymbalta was awful for me. I felt so drugged on the medication and then after three days I broke out in hives.

I suffer from PTSD and GAD and have tried many medications. Lexapro is an anti-anxiety/depression medication. I probably would have done ok with it had my anxiety not kicked in and got stomach pains with Lexapro and stopped taking it.

I prefer no anti-depressants, but that could be my anxiety and experience on other anti-depressants.

Edit: EX I did give it a try and dealt with the druggy feeling but when I broke out in hives from it and my doctor wanted pictures to send Eli Lilly and Company because he never seen someone break out as bad as I did, that was it for me!

Source(s): Personal Experience

Summary of Adverse Reaction Reports for Cymbalta (Duloxetine)

6,289 Cases

Note - these are not all adverse reactions - only those most serious.

Depression Suicidal/Suicidal Ideations: 181

Attempted Suicides (not completed): 95

Completed Suicides: 81

Deaths (not from Suicide): 67

Homicidal Ideations: 8

Homicides/Murders: 6

Hypomania/Mania: 65

Psychiatric Drug Side Effects Search Engine

http://www.cchrint.org/psychdrugdangers/

TOP 20 adverse reactions

Nausea, Feeling Abnormal, Dizziness, Insomnia, Fatigue, Headache, Blood Pressure Increased, Somnolence, Depression, Anxiety, Hyperhidrosis, Vomiting, Alanine Aminotransferase Increased, Drug Ineffective, Tremor, Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Diarrhoea, Hepatic Enzyme Increased, Asthenia, Loss of Consciousness

------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend you to watch following DVD that is available online if you have fast internet. It's told by psychiatrists, psychologists and people who worked for pharmaceutical companies. It informs you - beside other things - about side effects that are not often being told by psychiatrists. It also suggests an alternative in the end. When you then make a decision to take antidepressants, you may be better prepared, educated and understand what's going on when you encounter some bad side effects. I would say that these information are actually vital.

The link sounds a little scary - that’s because many antidepressants have suicidal thoughts and impulses as side effects which you can also read inside the pack of some antidepressants.

Watch trailer 1:55 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV0J5EsYKuw

Youtube thumbnail

The whole DVD

http://www.cchr.org/#/videos/making-a-killing-intr...

-------------------------------

Douglas Kennedy

Award winning investigative reporter Douglas Kennedy appears on FOX News’ “Hannity’s America,” exposes the link between psychiatric drugs (antidepressants) and acts of violence and suicide.

http://www.cchrint.org/videos/videos-we-like/fox_n...

Fox News Big Story with Douglas Kennedy on how Big Pharma leaves out the bad studies and downplays the nasty side effects of their highly addictive drugs.

FOX News’ Douglas Kennedy reports how Eli Lilly’s greedy marketing efforts cost it in a $1.42 billion lawsuit.

I've taken Cymbalta; in fact, I just stopped taking it about a month ago because it made me EXTREMELY drowsy in the middle of the day - to the point where I'd be falling asleep at my desk! It also made me kind of nauseous at first, especially when I first started taking it and when the doctor upped the dosage. Other than that, though, I found it to be very helpful for me.

I've never tried the other drugs you mentioned. Perhaps one of those would've given me a different reaction. Luckily my doctor recommended I not take any meds right now, as things seem to be going much better for me.

Good luck if you're considering depression meds - I know they helped me...

I took it for 3 days and it was awful, for me at least. I first felt chills and then sweating, chills and sweating the whole time. I could not sleep, I just sat there staring out the window. I took Zoloft and within 2 weeks I started to get my sense of humor back and had a complete turn around but with the cost of weight gain.

• Tracey

Over the last five years I had begun to have increasingly withdraw into a downward spiral of depression..

But now with the method I can fully focus my energy and thoughts into a decisive line on how to make my life better constantly. And it works like magic! I'm beginning to attract people to me once again and things have just been looking up since then.

Helping you eliminate depression?

It's a stronger type of anti depressant than most and the people I know who have taken it had some bad reactions and 1 committed suicide last yr so this one be real careful with.It does make the person feel better in 2 weeks though but the bad out weighs the good.

My mom takes it and loves it. My wife's best friend is on it and she thinks its great. I think the only problem is that its expensive. SSRI's effect people different so 20 people might all have different results you just have to try it for a few weeks.

I thought Cymbalta was for breast augmentation. Crap. No wonder I'm still flat chested and am now suicidal.

didnt work for me... but if you wanted to try it im sure it wouldnt hurt. it takes months for those things to kick in, so dont pay attention to anyone that tried it for a couple days and didnt see results.

they're full of it.

hope you start feeling better.

I just drink beer.

It's the cause and solution of all the world's problems.