If Fox News has so many more viewers...?

and we all agree that Fox News has a conservative slant, then why do I keep hearing so much about all the 'liberal' media propaganda?

For those Conservatives out there thinking I am attacking Fox News, I am not. I'm simply trying to figure out how anyone can justify the assertion of this 'liberal media bias' given the ratings of clearly conservative programs.

In my opinion, if you want to watch truly independent reporting...you have to watch other countries' stations. I simply do not agree that we have this liberal bias. It certainly didn't matter who I watched when I was hoping for the news to show arguments against attacking Iraq without labeling people as anti-American way back when...all the networks did it.

RLVJAV: You missed the point, not me. I keep hearing about this alleged 'liberal media bias' even though I truly don't see one. Your example: "If you doubt the truth of this, try to find ANY network stories related to the recent Van Jones incident and the Acorn debacle. NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN and MSNBC dodged the stories because they were damaging to the Obama administration" goes along way toward making my point. The networks aren't covering those 'stories' because they are not news stories. They are based on unfounded allegations against people that were made by the opinionists you mentioned and were simply not credible to qualify as news, hence not covered. That's not a liberal bias, that's simply credible, responsible reporting.

Favorite Answer

I think some shows on fox have a conservative slant, like Hannity and Beck. However, what is sometimes reported as conservative slant, is actually moderate. From time to time, when I do watch it, maybe once every couple months, they have conservative and liberal pundits. But the libs don't like the liberals on Fox.

MSNBC, has a very large left leaning slant. There are a few exceptions to it. Scarborough being one.

I do give Chris Matthews some credit though; sometimes he does try to be fair. I see him as the slightly left version of O'Reilly's slightly right visage.

CNN, has a world view as well, and though many on the network try to be fair, I do see some left leaning in more areas than are mentioned.

That being said on to other sources. The right has influence on radio; the left has it in print and the traditional networks, ABC, NBC, etc.

But entertainment is the area people forget.

From comics, to TV shows to movies. Very hard to find entertainment that doesn't politicizes it's content in order to slander the right.

When do you see a gay person in movies/TV portrayed in a negative light? (They are people like anyone else, and I have gay friends who are great people, I am just exposing the PCness of the entertainment industry)

When a Christian is portrayed it's one of the following, An ultra traditionalist super-secretive Catholic, A snake handling healing tent revivalists, or Jimmy the Hick. Where is the one who has a super faith, yet is also an average Joe?

A pro-lifer is always foaming at the mouth and ready to throw rocks when they are a character on TV, they are never show to be the one’s working at a crisis pregnancy center.

What about the corporate official that actually spends time in community service, heck, even like lefty Bill Gates? No they are always trying to keep people down, after all, they are the man.

So yes, media in general has a leftists bias and slant, where reality does not.

EDIT: to take a liberals quote for above and reword it, it's a vain argument without support and plain conjecture on either side.

“Actually democrats don't really believe that MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBC, NBC etc. have a liberal slant. Neither do these stations. That IS the issue.

It is the stupidest thing. The above mentioned stations pretend they don't have a bias and their viewers pretend they don't have a bias. That is why they have to tell you they are ‘the most trusted name in news’ so much.”

I guess you can say the original answer and my own are affected by our own biasness in some cases, but the libs won't ever admit it.

Source(s): some dude

This is a copy and paste from another answer I gave but it is poignant:

"By some of the comments here, you would think that ratings=truth. So if Faux's ratings are so high, they must be telling you the truth. Well, if you use that logic, then NCIS solved a real crime last week, or maybe they really did transplant that guy's spleen on Gray's Anatomy. Just because more people watch something doesn't make it any more legitimate."

There is no Liberal Bias in the news. That's just a catch phrase used by people who follow a dying ideology, and are just scared of what the future holds for them. If there was a liberal bias, health care reform would have passed months ago, GWB wouldn't have won two elections and air america radio would still be on the air. Rupert Murdoch likes money. Murdoch saw there was a void in providing paranoia to those who need it here in America, and there you have Fox News. If Fox News was legitimate they would be constantly railing against the Fox TV network and the shows on there degrading American culture, but for some reason they are silent on this I wonder why.

• rlvjav

Woodles, you are dead wrong and may be one of the Kool-Aid drinkers who swallow everything you hear from the likes of CNN, NBC, CBS etc.

Fox News is not slanted conservative. You would know this if you ever watched a Fox News broadcast. From your statement, I'm am 100% certain you never have. The fact is, Fox News is very fair and balanced - much more so than the 3 networks, CNN & MSNBC.

You need to understand this major point: the Fox Network airs shows that are hosted by Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly. These are NOT news shows. They are not portrayed by Fox to be news shows. They are entertainment broadcasts providing Opinion/Analysis by 3 hosts with libertarian political beliefs (not republican). To single out these three shows, which are defintely conservative in nature, as reflective of the entire network is ludicrous. It would be like saying that NBC news is fascist because it airs a historic movie about Adolf Hitler.

However, the audiences for these three shows are growing for two primary reasons:

1. Network news, CNN & MSNBC are openly supportive of Obama and refuse to air any/all news stories that shed light on the inadequacies of Obama and his minions. If you doubt the truth of this, try to find ANY network stories related to the recent Van Jones incident and the Acorn debacle. NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN and MSNBC dodged the stories because they were damaging to the Obama administration.

2. The Beck, Hannity and O'reilly shows are benefiting from growing audiences of people seeking truth in hard news. Fox News provides that.

• Joann

I don't watch Fox, but lets look at some of these points and laugh. •91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs --The "Stimulus" package did nothing for job creation, and the threat of it not being passed was an eight percent unemployment rate. Right now, all things considered we are between 12 and 17 percent unemployment. •72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit --It's going to cost trillions to do all that's expected. Where is this money coming from, because we don't have it. Even the CBO predicts higher medical costs. Good one, Obama. •72 percent believe the economy is getting worse --This is laughable. Tell that to people who have been looking for work the past two years. 100 jobs gained and 300,000 jobs lost is not a good sign. •60 percent believe climate change is not occurring --It occurs all the time, it's just that man is not causing it. The whole thing is a fraud and full of misinformation and scaremongering that never adds up. •49 percent believe income taxes have gone up --Granted they're not going up, but almost daily we read of the threats of the Government wanting to tax everything in sight, including health care insurance and soft drinks. It's paralyzing companies that want to hire, but don't know what taxes they're going to be socked with. •63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts --So what, a tax cut here, pay higher tax elsewhere. Doesn't help matters. •56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout -We all know Obama hates commerce and wants to kill industry and capitalism altogether. You see his eyes light up at the prospect of shutting down coal plants and making energy more costly for everyone. Obama wants this green crap with cars, adding to their already sky high costs. •38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP --I opposed it. Except I called it CRAP. •63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear) --What's Obama hiding? He doesn't know where he was born, who his dad was, where he went to school. And why does he pay so much money to keep this information secret. Why?

Most of the media has a liberal slant. Fox just seems "conservative" since they tell both sides. However, most Americans polled call themselves moderate to conservative.

The WH doesn't like Fox since they are stating FACTS! Those facts are not complementary to His Majesty!

It's not a question IF Fox has more viewers since that's a proven matter. They have higher ratings than everyone else combined.

Source(s): Obama is not my fault!

FOX news has way more viewers but they are only 1 network. There is ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC who all spew the party line of the Dems. If you want actual INDEPENDENT reporting you gotta watch FOX. FOX viewers are way more informed because the Liberal media with holds any news that might conflict with the Democrats agenda.

It's very simple. Most people in America are not liberal. Obama was elected because Bush was so bad, not because Obama was so great. Republicans took the fall for Bush's blunders. True conservatives hated Bush for being Neo-conservative, which is a different political view than the old style conservative. But most people have a more conservative viewpoint. So obviously people will watch news that lines up with their viewpoint. However, the liberal tactic is always to present their opinion as self-evident fact. One helpful way is to use the fallacy that most people agree with them and to disagree is racist, callous, greedy, or whatever. Nancy Polosoi has recently decided that political disagreement on health care is unpatriotic. Sound familiar? Bush did the dame thing when people disagreed with him, and liberals touted that dissent was high patriotism. Most channels cater to liberal views by either favoring liberal talking points or limiting anti-liberal ones.Ignoring stories that disagree or reveal liberal lies is another way. Like when an abortion clinic's practice of under-reporting statutory rape evidence is criticized or prosecuted it is presented as an attack on the right to choose, not punishment for criminal activity. Dismissing anything that doesn't agree with the liberal slant is common practice, as is creative quoting and spinning a story's outcome.They do this because their owners and employees have the liberal mindset, which is easy to have in the media and entertainment industry since "everyone" in that industry does. For example, we know Angelina Jolie's political views, she is able to promote them frequently. Her father's views are conservative and are rarely heard. Conservative celebrities are rarely quoted in order to make it appear that none of them have conservative views. Since most channels have the liberal view, they are able to make it appear that they are the majority in order to make conservatives feel like they are small and ignorant. They focus on Fox News and refer to it as a poor news source, full of yellow journalism because Fox refuses to agree with them. Which is what liberals always do. You are an idiot because they say you are one, and they say you are one because you disagree with them. It's propoganda genius, really. It's also evil and manipulative. None of their social ideals have ever actually worked in practice. But that is only because the past tries were done wrong and they will get it right next time. The best quote I heard was from "A Slobbering Love Affair", the author is told that it is the media's responsibility to promote social change. His reply was, "your change, or mine?" That pretty much sums it up.

I really cannot stand the friggen hypocrisy of Obama and the left. They get on FOX for being "unbalanced" and calling them too right wing, yet why isn't Obama and his homo lib followers getting on every other single news network for being "leftists" and isn't there also something wrong with the majority of other networks not being balanced yet moving into another direction which happens to be left? Where is the balance here? I don't see any, yet, we all really know what Obama and his left agenda is and who his real friends are which is not 70% of the other part of America..............however Obama does not care because Obama doesn't appreciate nor respect a Republic form of Governance.

Because Fox News isn't the only news channel in the country, and there are tons of news channels out there with a very liberal slant. Not to mention all the newspapers out there with a very liberal political slant... "media" isn't just television news.

I don't quite get yoru point. If Fox slants to the right, that does not change whether MSNBC is mindless drones to liberal cause. And the fact that many tune into Fox just shows that Fox is the only place to tune into to find something different, something that doesn't worship Obama.