Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is former President Joseph Estrada allowed to run at 2010 election?

well, he was impeach from the presidency and this coming election he was like saying that he's going to run this coming election.

can he still run??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

"On October 25, 2007, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo granted executive clemency to Joseph Estrada based on the recommendation by the Department of Justice (DoJ). Acting Executive Secretary and Press Secretary Ignacio R. Bunye quoted the signed Order: "In view hereof in pursuant of the authority conferred upon me by the Constitution, I hereby grant Executive clemency to Joseph Ejercito Estrada, convicted by the Sandiganbayan of plunder and imposed a penalty of reclusion perpetua. He is hereby restored to his civil and political rights."

Since his civil and political rights were restored, yes he can run for re-election.

• 3 years ago

It relies upon upon the argument whether he became removed from workplace or he resigned. If the President of the Republic resigned, then he/she isn't eligible to run lower back for presidency yet while he became forcefully got rid of(as an occasion, he became got rid of using a coup) then which would be yet another element. The shape could have some "holes" in it and the two events will make the main those "holes" to learn the upperhand. So the legality of his candidacy would be a remember of dialogue with the aid of the two events.

• 1 decade ago

He can not run for re-election because Article VII section 4 of the 1987 constitution says no president can ever run for re-election.

Source(s): GMA News.Tv
  • 1 decade ago

as far as i know the law say's if a president reach 4 year in office and due to any reason he / she step down he cannot run again as president.. im not sure about it only heard in on TV and radio Discussion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.