What is the Normal value of SGPT?

what is the normal value of SGPT in blood?

And if a person also Drink alcohol and have some doubt about heart disease, and if he goes for SGPT.

how doctor will reckon , either raise in SGPt level is due to heart disease or alcohol or liver?

Update:

Thanks rehman bhae.

i was disoppointed first two days with not getting this question answeres.

but u resolve my difficulties.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Ahsan,

The normal range of values of SGPT (now called ALT) is :5 to 40 IU/L

It is very simple to differentiate the two. SGPT is elevated in congestive cardiac failure. This produces a specific symptom complex plus an EKG and echocardiogram will reveal an enlarged heart. This wont be seen in occasional alcohol consumption.

Rehman

• 4 years ago

Serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SGPT) is also known as ALT. Alanine transaminase (ALT) is an enzyme found in the highest amounts in the liver. Injury to the liver results in release of the substance into the blood. Normal 7 to 56 units/L Triglyceride: Normal level- below 150 mg/dL. High triglyceride is a risk factor for acute pancreatitis. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in the form of fish oil has been found to be effective in decreasing levels of triglycerides and thus all cardiovascular events by 19% to 45%. Conduct abdominal ultrasound scan in consultation with a gastroenterologist.

• 5 years ago

My husband's SGPT is 60 U/L. Is is this normal?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know how they decide what the cause of raised SGPT is, but no doubt they have a definite method.I found somethingin Wikipedia about it, see the links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SGPT

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/aha_sgpt_crs.ht...

Hope it helps Rickylover

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

my sgpt was 55. Is that serious?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

MY BLOOD TEST SHOWED A HIGH SGPT- 69 NORMAL IS 0-45 MY RBC-HCT-HGB

SLIGHTLY LOW-- MCH-PLT SLIGHTLY HIGH MD DIDN'T SEEM COCERNED SHOULD

I BE

Source(s): wikianswers.com
  • 6 years ago

if a person at 35 has 54 iu/l is it a serious problrm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.