I can't wear skinny jeans- what do i do?

Hello! It seems that tapered leg jeans are a trend that isn't going to change anytime soon. Now I am in the normal-to-thin range, age 24 female, and my athletic shaped legs (muscle in thighs and calves from playing sports) make me look really bad. I don't have skinny legs I have defined legs, and... show more Hello!

It seems that tapered leg jeans are a trend that isn't going to change anytime soon. Now I am in the normal-to-thin range, age 24 female, and my athletic shaped legs (muscle in thighs and calves from playing sports) make me look really bad. I don't have skinny legs I have defined legs, and they look horrible in these pants.

The best jeans i've had were mid-rise slight flare jeans. but at my new school I just feel so dowdy and hippie-ish that it's driving me insane. i want to be able to wear elegant, vintage tapered jeans but my legs look like this in them: http://dollydagger.co.uk/prodimages/red-skinny-jeans-300.jpg

what to do? stylish skirts? other people with this problem?