My autistic son is 12. During summers when he is out of school, he blossoms.. learns tons of sentences.....?

and vocabulary... then he returns to school and the first day.. loses all the knowledge in his mind.. its so heartbreaking. I feel life skills like talking and learning to clean up and help like with laundery and sorting his clothes and expressing himself thru play with his toys etc... are far more valuable than... show more and vocabulary... then he returns to school and the first day.. loses all the knowledge in his mind.. its so heartbreaking. I feel life skills like talking and learning to clean up and help like with laundery and sorting his clothes and expressing himself thru play with his toys etc... are far more valuable than learning his abc's... which he still can't learn.. he has just learned his ONE color.. "white".

He is very socialable.. he plays with all of us, shares and enjoys life with his brothers and sister, neighbors etc. By the end of summer, we all almost don't recognize him as autistic... he does so well! Laughing, playing... pretending... talking..especially talking... full sentences and words we can make out..

I am thinking that that the school setting is just too stressful for him.. I am thinking of pulling him from school and keeping him with us during the day.. we still have resources he uses at home, such as starfall.com (alphabets and reading) and a few other resources that WE found work well for him..

Its just so hard to believe that a college educated school specialist/teacher can't do as good a job as we can... so I keep sending him to school.. am I rotten to pull him and teach him ourselves.. thanks for answering.