38 weeks pregnant why dont I feel the baby move moving as much today?

My last Dr. appt I was 1 cm dialated and today I am very tired and dont feel the baby moving as much as normal what does this mean?

Favorite Answer

I'm 36 weeks and my baby is a little acrobat in my belly. All pregnancy's are different, so if you were used to him kicking and squirming, try eating or drinking a soda then lay on your side (left preferably) and count any kicks for one hour, if you still feel nothing, you should call your doctor immediately or go to the ER. Try not to be alarmed, sometimes babies sleep hard and long some days when your pregnant with them. A friend of mine was in your same boat and she went to the ER they made her eat a big candy bar and a can of coke, to get the baby to move, and sure enough he was just sleeping. Good Luck!! and remember a mothers instinct is best, if yo uthink something is wrong get a Dr!!

Source(s): Personal Experiance
  • Bonita

Well for one, you probably have some type of food poisoning, so try and drink a lot of water to help with dehydration. Try cold water, that could help your baby move. It seems for some reason at 28 weeks babies don't move so much, then in a couple of weeks they start up again. I noticed at 28 weeks, I didn't think I felt my baby move either, and noticed a lot of women saying the same at 28 weeks for whatever reason. The baby should be fine, but if you're extremely worried call your OB, or go to ER so they can check for a heartbeat.

very normal what happens is the baby gets so big it doesnt have enough room..dont worry happend to me in all my pregnancies! 4!! as long as you feel the baby move every once in a while its ok..just preparing for birth! but if you are concerned at all call your obgyn I am not a dr...so its always good to ask

Its really common late in pregnancy for the babies movement to slow down as it gets bigger and runs out of room but if it just happened all of a sudden you may want to call your doctor if for no other reason then a little reassurance.

Maybe because your baby doesn't have that much room to move in anymore or he just gets tired more ask your doctor

your not gonna feel it as much being tht there is little room....but if you dont feel any movement when your laying down you need to see your dr or go to the er asap

make you need to go to the doctor

• Megan

why not go get checked out to be safe?

go see your dr.asap....hope everything is ok...