anil asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

how can improve my english spoken and also good communication with good face expression?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, broadening/improving one's language skills is a very broad concept, it should be done in more than one ways at the same time which is highly recommended. One can NOT become better ONLY in one area e.g. speaking, one MUST improve skills in ALL dimensions of the language!

Learning language well requires being as active as possible and making the learning as FUN for oneself as possible. Taking lessons is always important, but equally important are these:

1) Listen/watch: Keep listening to internet radio stations like BBC, watch TV shows in English (use only subtitles, NOT voice dubbing in case you are not a native English speaker!), etc.

2) Write/communicate: Try to find discussion forums from the web about things that you find interesting (music/various artists, hobbies, etc.) and start communicating there with other people using only English. Start using instant messaging systems in case you find some new friends or start emailing them.

3) Buy yourself a proper dictionary, and each time when you see a strange word that you do not understand, look it up. Putting words into their CONTEXT is one of the best ways to broaden one's vocabulary and grammar knowledge, the more you read and write the better. Memorising is NOT the best way to go with learning grammar or any other language areas!

The main point in ANY language learning is to make it as fun as possible for yourself. Try to find topics that INTEREST you, read online newspapers (Times, Guardian, Independent...), listen to BBC/NBC and other radio stations online, if you find a discussion forum for e.g. your favourite hobby or your idols in music do participate there, etc. The key word here is CONTEXT, which means that it is easier to learn new words and their usage as well as grammar when you use/see them in their real CONTEXT. The more you see and hear the new words in their context and the more you use them in your speech & writing, the easier it becomes to remember their meanings.

I'm sorry there is no easy way out with this, one really must develop language skills in ALL these language "levels" or dimensions in order to reach better language skills!!

As for conversational skills, only practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid of doing mistakes because even native speakers do them! The nonverbal communication is indeed very important part of communication, but it improves along the way if you are as natural as possible.

Last but not least: NEVER EVER use ANY online translators, they are nothing but utter rubbish!! English is practically EVERYWHERE in the online world these days, you just have to use your imagination to find it! Learning pace is always personal, it takes the time it takes so there is no reason to hurry it up too much. If you do, you will not learn so well. Also, please learn the basics of the standard English first before advancing to finer details like dialects/accents.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Try To Speak In English More Often And Speak it With a Person Who Has a Good Command Over English And When You Make a Mistake He Might Correct You..

Don't Try To Think English And Then Speak.. Try To Speak It as a Language..

Write English Essays.. Short Stories.. That Would Also Help You a Little..

Read English Books That Are Easy To Comprehend..

Always Keep a Dictionary With You And Check For a Word Immediately Which You Were Unable To Understand.

Best Of Luck..

• 1 decade ago

Like Marcus said, hang around people who speak English. Also, try a program like Rosetta Stone, listen to CDs. As far as facial expression, all you really have to do is maintain eye contact, and with what you are saying, naturally should bring forth the emotion of what you are conveying to others. How a person feels comes naturally through communication anyhow. So you should not have any problem with that, as you are a human being.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To improve spoken English, watch the BBC, CNN news channels.

Also, speak in good english with your friends and family and encourage them to do so.

To improve communication with facial expression...hmm...i think the best way is to speak to a mirror.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Don't worry about the face expression, that will come naturally with understanding. (If you understand what you are saying, you will know how to express yourself) The best way to practice is to actually speak English with other people. Get involved with other English speakers. I am learning German, so I join the German Club at our campus where we can only speak German. I also watch a lot of German films so that I can hear it and get the accent down. You can do the same.

• RE
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Spoken English is best improved by a lot of practice. Do not be thinking about your facial expression at all, as that will interfere with your relaxed oral expression and will make whatever you say seem forced and fake.

• 1 decade ago

Practice, practice, practice! speak with other people in English, watch tv. in English and read out loud in English. Don't worry about facial expression. The best way to learn another language is to be totally immersed in it.

Source(s): I did it myself.
  • 1 decade ago

MAKE A GROUP WHERE U CAN EXPRESS URSELF BY COMMUNICATING IN ENGLISH AND CORRECT URSELF and the group can be wid ur frndz or so

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

honestly you have to be around other people and observ them not in a perverted way tho and just pick up what they do

• 1 decade ago

Hello!

www.interspeakers.com

www.lingueo.com

www.speaking24.com

www.worldia.net

www.sharedtalk.com

www.polyglot-learn-language.com

www.myhappyplanet.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.