Concerning scripture...?

I have concerning the holy days as outlined in the Old Testament in Leviticus 23, ie, the Passover, the Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, etc.

Today, from what I see, these days as they are outlined are not being kept, and I was wondering why.

I can see that there is an abundant fountain of evidence that they were kept by the early Church.

For instance, in Acts Chapter 2, verse 1 the bible states that the apostles were all gathered together in one place on the DAY OF PENTECOST.

"When the DAY OF PENTECOST came, they were all together in one place."

Then, in Acts 20 verse 16 it says " Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus to avoid spending time in the province of Asia, for he was in a hurry to reach Jerusalem, if possible, by the day of PENTECOST."

And finally, as far as New Testament reference to Pentecost, it is stated in 1 Corinthians 16 verse 8 by Paul that, "I will stay on at Ephesus until PENTECOST,"

In Mark, it is stated that, "Now the PASSOVER AND THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill him."

From Acts 2:4 "After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the PASSOVER."

In Acts 27:9 "Now when much time had been spent, and sailing was now dangerous because the FAST was already over, Paul advised them," (my bible in the notes section states that 'the Fast' is referring to the Day of Atonement.)

The question in all of this is, why are these holy days not being kept by christianity? I understand that there is the belief that Jesus Christ 'nailed the law to the cross,' but Jesus Himself said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (KJV)" Matthew 5:17.

So, if the early Ancient Israel was commanded to keep these days, and the early Church obviously kept them, why isn't christianity keeping them now?

Any answers would be appreciated.

..ttypical

Best Answer

Most of those days POINTED TO either the coming, death, resurrection or the arrival of the First Sheaves into Heaven.

The Day of Pentecost does not point to Jesus Crucifixion.

The Passover is kept now to commemorate the "passover" of the Angel of death.

The sacrifice of animals also is not kept because (literally) the Fire went out in the Temple and Any Good Jewish Priest would know not to bring "strange fire" into the temple!

• Golfer

Passover was a time when they death angel flew over those house that had what? Blood on both sides of the door frame and on the header.

It is a symbol of the cross to come and like all thing Jesus when Jesus said it is finished he fulfilled the day of Pentecost, passover and salvation.

I think the days should be observed but it hasn't been for many seasons.

It will be again.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. (KJV)" Matthew 5:17.

Jesus has fulfilled the old law and ushered in the new.

Jesus is the New Passover....the bread of life.

Christians do celebrate pentecost.

The early church was mostly Jewish believers. They were accustomed to keeping the feasts, and so they continued to do so, as many Jewish believers do today. When Gentiles started to join the church, some of the Jews thought that the Gentiles should be required to be circumcised and keep all the feasts too.

But, it was decided that they were under no compulsion to do so.

Acts 15:22-29, Col 2:16, Rom. 14: 4-6

Jesus is our passover and we are not Jews we are the gentiles saved by Grace and live by Grace all of those things you are refering to are things they did after or before leaving Egypt passover before they left unleavened bread when they where leaving Egypt atonement is Jesus no more blood has to be put on the alter Jesus is the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world and Jesus did fulfil it He became it and it was before Jesus that these things where done the old testament speaks of Jesus all the way through it ......remember Jesus was still doing His Fathers work He had not gone to the cross after the cross and death and raising He fulfiled the word that was told of Him for thousands of years before He came to earth.....

You are very correct to ask this and I pray more are listening. Yahweh did not call them Jewish holidays, HE calls them His days, and as Messianic believers who are also born again Christian, and yes we do exist.. we know that what all is God's was also given to us.

Yahweh also tells us that these days are to be kept forever.

What does forever mean? Just what it says, forever.

As a born again Christian that is only recnetly learning of our Hebrew roots, I can only say that there is such deep information in our Hebrew roots, and in the Feast days, that are for all of us.

The holidays that most Christians do keep are pagan and not of Yahweh at all, but few know it. My husband and I did not know it for years, but it is true. All come from pagan roots, and are about sex gods, pagan gods, and nothing to do with Yahweh at all. WE dishonor Him by keeping those days > Tho we arent to judge anyone, becuase so many do not yet know, but we are to tell them. Its on them if they receive or not, the same with this as any other truth of Yahweh.

We also see that in studying the feast days, they are all a foreshadowing of the messiah to come, like a dress reshersal for the big event.

Our hope is in Yeshua. WE need to all be growing and learning and studying and praying to know more. One thing the JW faith did research is the truth of the Holidays in the Christian religion. Those hoildays were never about Yahweh and never will be. In fact, Yahweh calls them pagan practices that are an abomination and they will be destroyed for it. Even in scripture, we are told how the pagans were cutting down the evergreen trees, and deocrating them with silver and gold, and He called it an abomination and said they would be destroyed. IF we would ALL< and that includees me as well, spend more time in prayer and in HIs word, we would know such things.

But, lets pray for others to know that dont know and not judge them, but still love them and try to lead them to such truths.

There is such deep meaning in each feast days, and they arent hard to keep or a burden, same with the Sabbath.

They are enjoyable and draw us much closer to Him.

Great question.

Thanks for asking.

Full Gospel Shirley

Source(s): Yahweh, The Holy Bible, and Ruach HaKodesh Remember, Yeshua is Lord,

I'm sorry if I didn't answer your question. But how can you use Jewish tradition of Passover in regards to Jesus. When the Jewish passover envoled a animal sacrifice. Their sacrifice was not a human. Like it is for Christianity. The Bible teaches two different beliefs. The Gospels is teaching Christianity and the Old Testament teaches Judaism. Christians do not practice animal sacrifice. So clearly they are not keeping Jewish passover.

Read Ezekiel Chapter 43 its prophesy of "the messiah" practicing animal sacrifice. Since Ezekiel's prophesy is about heaven descending to earth. It only means Jesus is a nobody described in the Gospels. Because he replaces the animals and the Old Testament messiah participated in the sacrifices.

Christians can't be that stupid to see that Ezekiel 43 is speaking of a Jewish messiah. Not this Christian messiah who replaces the animal. God never changes read Malachi 3:6.

Christianity still keeps them. We call them Pasca (Passover) and Pentecost.

We keep em Israel. You know most of these people have no knowledge. Thats why I mostly answer questions. Other than asking them.

The answer to your questions is because they have know knowledge of them. Now they do and still won't keep em. well most of them.

I am just a poor boy, though my story is seldom told.

I have squandered my resistance,

For a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises.

All lies and jest.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.