Concerning scripture...?

I have concerning the holy days as outlined in the Old Testament in Leviticus 23, ie, the Passover, the Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, etc. Today, from what I see, these days as they are outlined are not being kept, and I was wondering why. I can see that there is an abundant fountain of evidence... show more I have concerning the holy days as outlined in the Old Testament in Leviticus 23, ie, the Passover, the Days of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, etc.

Today, from what I see, these days as they are outlined are not being kept, and I was wondering why.

I can see that there is an abundant fountain of evidence that they were kept by the early Church.

For instance, in Acts Chapter 2, verse 1 the bible states that the apostles were all gathered together in one place on the DAY OF PENTECOST.

"When the DAY OF PENTECOST came, they were all together in one place."

Then, in Acts 20 verse 16 it says " Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus to avoid spending time in the province of Asia, for he was in a hurry to reach Jerusalem, if possible, by the day of PENTECOST."

And finally, as far as New Testament reference to Pentecost, it is stated in 1 Corinthians 16 verse 8 by Paul that, "I will stay on at Ephesus until PENTECOST,"

In Mark, it is stated that, "Now the PASSOVER AND THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill him."

From Acts 2:4 "After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the PASSOVER."

In Acts 27:9 "Now when much time had been spent, and sailing was now dangerous because the FAST was already over, Paul advised them," (my bible in the notes section states that 'the Fast' is referring to the Day of Atonement.)

The question in all of this is, why are these holy days not being kept by christianity? I understand that there is the belief that Jesus Christ 'nailed the law to the cross,' but Jesus Himself said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (KJV)" Matthew 5:17.

So, if the early Ancient Israel was commanded to keep these days, and the early Church obviously kept them, why isn't christianity keeping them now?

Any answers would be appreciated.

..ttypical