Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I need to read a book to help me stop reading romance novels... any recommendations?

I know that the romance in fiction romance stories isn't how it really is when it comes to love or anything like that... but when you've read hundreds of them you become unconsciously brain washed into believing that love and romance really is that way. Can you recommend to me a good REALISTIC romance non fiction book? I need to get over my romance book complex.. because its making me think that its like that in real life... Which is causing me to have unreal expectations when it comes to love... please recommend to me a good REALISTIC romance novel. A novel that will demonstrate what real love is..

Update:

sorry, i didn't mean to post this in the religion category..

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Great introduction to Science Fiction, even if you don't like Sci-Fi. Seriously, one of the best books I've ever read. I'm currently going to school to be an English Lit. professor, and I intend to add that book into my curriculum.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uh... I don't tend to read the "romance" sort, but many books that have to do with a relationship that are not automatically in the romance genera would probably be a bit more realistic.

I know that isn't much of an answer, but it's all I can suggest. Search out books that have a couple as the central characters, but romance isn't the central topic.

• 3 years ago

i've got not examine any Nicolas Sparks novels, sorry! yet some large books that don't require plenty questioning: Harry Potter, Lord of the rings/The Hobbit - you have already them, and then there is often Twilight while you're desperate, however i does no longer call them incredibly sturdy books! Jodi Picoult is an spectacular author, i admire My Sister's Keeper. Laurie Halse Anderson's talk and Wintergirls are extra special, and Patricia McCormick's decrease is likewise sturdy. desire I helped!

• 1 decade ago

Well I don't know non-fiction romance books but even though FIREPROOF is a fiction movie (I think) its as real as it gets. You should defiantly watch that movie. Also A WALK TO REMEMBER those are great Christian romance stories.

-Lovery

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Those novels can be addictive.

I don't read any of that kind of thing.

All I can thing of is Gone With The Wind.

I agree that they are unrealistic.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe start talking to friends and people you know and have them tell you what it is like being married or living in a relationship.

• ???
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

``sorry, i didn't mean to post this in the religion category``

Yes we forgive you, but for penance you have to read the Bible

• 1 decade ago

havae you tried P.S. I Love You?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The story of "O".

• 1 decade ago

We forgive you at least I do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.