dunnmills asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Why are my Zevo irons cutting the ball cover?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To answer this question with an detailed answer, I need more information. There are two factors involved here.

1) What type of ball are you using.

2) What type of golfer are you. Describe your swing.

First, lets assume you use a high compression (soft) golf ball or a golf ball with a soft shell. These golf balls, even Pro V1 golf balls will scuff and cut. Unlike range balls which are rock hard and built for durability. If you damage a high compression ball you should have better luck with a low compression golf ball. However, the swing plays a more important factor here.

Second, Good players and even high handicap golfers had scuff/cut balls due to their swing type. For example, those who have a steep swing or typically hit the ball high and to the right. Your creating additional spin by hitting down on the ball. Those who swing outside/in typically have a descending angle of attack. Unfortunately, the only way to fix the problem is to fix your swing.

If you feel the issue is due to both, then consider taking a lesson or having your swing analyzed. Also consider a ball fitting. Bridgestone has a ball fitting program which they advertise on the golf channel. I would highly recommend this. Specialty golf retailers also offer this.

Good luck my friend

Source(s): Golf Instructor
  • 1 decade ago

Must be relatively new. Sharper edges on the grooves. Also means you are striking down on your irons creating a little "hair" on the ball.

• Mike
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

there might be a rock stuck between the grooves, or they are sharp grooves. OR they might be dented, resulting in a sharp corner or something like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.