Can someone please edit my resume? Is this well-written?

A highly talented professional dedicated to working in a challenging environment with at-risk populations for our communities. I have a firm understanding of social, emotional, and cognitive human development and a strong interest in providing quality case management services to those in need. Furthermore, my... show more A highly talented professional dedicated to working in a challenging environment with at-risk populations for our communities. I have a firm understanding of social, emotional, and cognitive human development and a strong interest in providing quality case management services to those in need. Furthermore, my strong leadership abilities, self-motivation, and pro-team work approach will prove to be an asset to future employers and organization.

QUALIFICATIONS:
• Background includes providing administrative support to agencies. Coordinating nursing unit.
• Experience working with diverse individuals including at-risk youth, domestic violence and dual-diagnosed clients.
• Ability to translate from English to Spanish.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Type 35 w.p.m.
• Improved the quality of services for our clients in our organization.
• Demonstrated positive leadership by diligently serving the needs of our clients.
• First Aid/CPR certified from American Red Cross

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Residential Treatment Facility, Bayfront Youth and Family Services
Unit Coordinator, 2006- Present
• Managed nursing unit for 29 patients. Scheduled appointments, maintained patient records.
• Facilitated communication between medical staff, nurses, and physicians.
• Managed multi-line phones. Greeted visitors and provided information.
• Prepared monthly and quarterly reports, work schedules, and memos for the unit.
• Audited charts for the unit. Attended Utilization review meetings.

EDUCATION:
May 2001 Bachelor’s of Arts- Psychology California State University Dominguez Hills

Domestic Violence Shelter for Women, Peace and Joy Care Center
Case Manager- Crisis Unit, 2005-2006
• Gained valuable experience while supervising five staff.
• Developed support systems to meet client needs by coordinating services for clients including referrals, support services, and counseling necessary to obtain family stabilization and self-sufficiency.
• Monitored hotlines and admitted clients in emergency situations. Managed client records.
• Advocated for abused women and their children in the shelter.

Psychiatric Hospital, Kedren Community Mental Health Center
Case Manager- Children’s Outpatient, 2005-2005
• Responsible for managing twenty cases of families with mental health problems.
• Translated for Spanish speaking clients.
• Maintained and wrote progress notes. Provided written reports to the courts on client’s psychiatric history.
• Developed relationships with representatives in other agencies to support individuals in attaining services in housing, education, medical, and mental health.

Level 14 Group Home H.V. Group home, Inc.
Youth Counselor, 2004-2005
• Provided care and supervision to at-risk youth in a residential treatment facility. Promoted the safety and well- being of clients.

• Provided counseling to youth regarding social skills,behavior , and anger management.
• Documented and maintained client progress notes.
• Taught clients independent living skills, money management, and positive self-image.
2 answers 2