Ipod shuffle HELP please?

I don't know what generation it is,it was purchased from Walmart March of this year for app. $50.

I have never tried to charge it or upload songs onto it from my pc.

My husband always used his laptop but when I plugged it in to my pc my Itunes did'nt pop up like it usually does when I plug my Ipod 30 gig classic in.I was told that a Shuffle could work w/ any other Itunes or pc.

Is this true?

There is no light coming on on the Shuffle either,is there supposed to be?How do I know if it is charging?

I am,clearly,not very intelligent in the technology department,unfortunately and would really appreciate any input you

"techies" out there may have to assist me as I wanted to upload some of my 8 year old daughter's choir songs onto it so that she could practice.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that my pc is not recognizing the shuffle because there is no orange light when it's plugged in,nothing happens when I hit play after charging it all night and there is no apple icon in Itunes or even the devices option.

Pretty sure it's broken,that's what I get for buying it for an 8 year old...Ha!

I'll just have her practice her choir songs on Youtube w/ the headphones.

No biggie.

Thanks all who tried to help:)

O.K. last entry,I was wrong in the last one.It's actually fine.The charger peg thingie was crooked,my hubby fixed it:)

Thanks anyways everyone.

Favorite Answer

I used to have a Shuffle, and up until it broke no matter what when you pluged it into the computer, the part where the on/off switch was woulf turn yellow. I cannot say for sure why itunes isnt popping up, but try and open it up manually and see if it reconizes that the suffle is hooked up to it.

Other than that i have no idea how to get it to work! sorry i hope i helped a little

I don't know about any of all the stuff about iTunes, etc. (although I could have sworn any of the shuffles work with all forms of iTunes...), but I DO know that if there happens to be no light on the iPod, but there is an apple on the screen, YES, it IS charging.

log into your itunes account and authorize your pc for using the Ipod. And yes it is charging if it is plugged in

Hate to say it, but Shuffles are cheapies. You can;t even see what song you are lsitening to! I would bite the bullet and get at least a Nano.

it you open up itues while its plugged in then it should be under devises

if there isn't a light on, then i think it might be broken

Source(s): life