WHAT HAPPENS TO THE HOT WATER PIPE CONNECTION WHEN NEW MACHINES ONLY USE COLD WATER?

I had to get rid of my old washing machine as it sadly died. I had to turn off the water taps under the sink where the machine connects but ofcourse now have no hot water....so that is my first question.....how do I get the hot water back without a machine hose connected?? Also, I believe all new machines are... show more I had to get rid of my old washing machine as it sadly died. I had to turn off the water taps under the sink where the machine connects but ofcourse now have no hot water....so that is my first question.....how do I get the hot water back without a machine hose connected?? Also, I believe all new machines are fed by only cold water, so what am I supposed to do about the hot water connection on the pipe under the sink? I hope this makes sense, it almost does to me!!