RD asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

Can you make a hot tub cold?

was wondering if you could turn the temperature on them to make them cold in the summer? Like, not freezing, but just like a swimming pool normal temperature?

Just a random question. I have no idea where it really came from.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes but the higher Temperature helps kill the bacteria.

Source(s): rm
  • 1 decade ago

Most hot tubs have temperature controls that allow you to set the temperature as low as ~80 degrees - a typical temperature for a swimming pool.

• 1 decade ago

On mine, you can turn the heater completely off, but honestly the lowest temperature is around 80 degrees and I think the lowest the temp has ever gone with the heater off is 75 degrees, not much less. That being said, on a triple digit day, 75 degrees does feel "cool" as compared to the heat in the air.

• 5 years ago

Mcgrath is a very dedicated and experienced woodworker who knows what he is talking about when it comes to woodworking and DIY projects s he has been a woodworker for many many years. Read here https://tr.im/LwCHb

There is also a lifetime member acess included in the package and you get these extras for no cost to you as they are free with no additional charges at all!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • rlvjav
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Turn off your heater, fill the tub and start adding ice cubes until you hit the temp you want.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.