Do you believe in Love at First Sight?

I agree that there can be attraction between two individuals at the first glance, but can that attraction be classified as "love"?

I personally think the first glance (or sight) is more of a physical attraction. There is no emotional attachment to that particular individual, so no love exists at that point.

Its only when you get to know the individual more that you begin to develop feelings of love towards him/her.

so love at first sight? Hmm, doesnt count in my opinion. What do you people think?

Favorite Answer

No i don't believe in it,if that was really true ,i am in love with countless of number of girls, because i find lots of girl attractive and desirable when i first look at them.

Love at first sight is infatuation,lust and nothing more,but it can be a starting point ,like you look at a very attractive girl and pursue her,get to know her better and maybe then decide, she is the one for you and you want to spend rest of life with her ,so eventually the infatuation of the initial stage might give way to the love .

maybe this is what they mean when they say love at first sight,starting point is physical attraction,followed by meaningful interaction ,which ultimately leads to feelings and emotions of love for that person.

I think that love is based on shared morals, values and other interests that cannot be identified in another person upon first glance. Now, perhaps if that person was doing something to demonstrate one of those morals there's a slight possibility that love at first sight could happen, but it would be very slim if the love was sincere.

I think that, like you said, for the most part, it's only when you come to know more about an individual that you can develop feelings of true love.

• вєи

Love at first sight? I would rather refer it to as Lust at first sight.

An emotion like love cannot sprout out at the sight of a good-looking individual. Not at the first sight, not at the second sight, not at the thousandth sight. True love will only be borne after knowing someone deeply. Love isn't skin-deep, even though you will find a lot of that kind around giving a perception that love at first sight exists. But not often do they continue like that forever.

If someone falls in love at the first sight, You may never know, you may have fallen in love with Silicon and Plastic. A living statue carved out by a cosmetic surgeon.

I think no one can say that what is love because there is no description of love or there isn't any definition of love .

So we can't surely take decision that there will not be a love between two person for the first sight & we can't say surely that love happen for the first sight.

Love can never be done but it happens ....

and it's not fun

it's just like of prayer

No, but I believe in a thing called LOVE, just listen to the rhythm of my heart.

-Breaks into dance-

You just contradicted yourself though...

Love at first sight would be, no should be straight gut ******* instinct...Now in a persons form or human of some sorts, yes its true people from other parts of the world people do enjoy wild animals from time to time. who would have thought?

If I see you and my jaw dropps and I feel a vibe that your are just....The gravy on my thanksgiving everything, and I know deep down thats the one for me. My gut says Your the golden gun for me are you telling me thats just fatal attraction....what if you were pushng 450 in the stomach and I still though you were a purdy peach what then.

If anything its how the individual feels or falls for his or her own version of love at first sight.

If I saw a 67' shelby GT 9000 on the road I would be so dead in love I may walk into the street. Can we really love inanimate objects though, some would say yes.

Gotten a bit off topic but it in some sense is simply based on the persons ability to make decisions. I could love you a first sigh and never question anything about it, I would just know somewhere within me you surpass anything I think ill ever find, regardless if you have genital warts and I found out three weeks later from my doctor, haha. Just because someone doesnt know where you were born, or your favorite color, or what makes you cream doesnt mean they cant truly love you at first sight or last sight.

Some people have great intuition and know what they want or love without ever coming into contact with whatever it is. -I dunno if thats wrapable-

Were calling this one quits. Physical attraction is flawed conception. People can have an aurora about the or around them that just drags people in regardless of physical apperance...look at Opera for christ sakes, or christy allen.

No. There is nothing like that.

I think its physical attraction at first sight. How could you love someone you know nothing about?? A persons heart, mind and soul is what matters. Then all the mushy stuff like morals and values... So how could you LOVE someone at first sight without knowing them and the whole process sometimes takes months.

I totally do not believe in love at first sight. I do not think that you could or should love someone of whom you do not know on a deeper level.

You don't even know them. How could you love them? Seems crazy imo

I do think that it is physical, lust, I think very emotional too (person wants it to be so, fulfills their dream, etc) but not love as there is no basis for the person to feel this way besides fairytales and pipe dreams.

I believe in love at first sight, too. I mean the way de person looks and the perspective of the person you get in your mind worth it. But someone has got to be careful because first appearances might be risk taking.

yah I also believe there exist 'Love at First Sight' but actually it may be fallacy sometime. We always try to create a good image in our mind when we are in love but that may not actually be the case.

Those are just good feelings of one towards another,you can say one sided love.

I mean Love at first sight may or may not exist for a long-time.

well , if it's based on physical attraction then it would be called infatuation . i've recently broken off from my 'crush' but for the first time i actually liked a girl for her personality over her looks at the first shot itself . so , yeah i believe in love at first sight a bit because it works for some but at the same time i think its just infatuation