Ohio Unemployment Appeals Question?

Hi I was let go from my job in April 2009, I was originally denied unemployment. My employer stated I quit without just cause.After two Appeals I had a Telephone hearing in which I won. How long does it take for me to start getting my benefits and what kind of chance does my employer have if he appeals the telephone hearing decision?

Favorite Answer

This happened to me in Indiana. You should start being eligible for benefits pretty quickly. Most states require you to submit a work search WEEKLY. I often did my search but forgot to submit it which caused me to lose some of my benefit so don't do that! It is unlikely, in my experience, that your employer will go to the trouble or expense of trying to appeal your appeal. Ohio probably has a state website where you can access information about your benefits.

Source(s): Experience