Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysThanksgiving · 1 decade ago

Would it be alright if I use paper plates for Thanksgiving dinner?

Would it be OK to use paper plates for Thanksgiving ? There are going to be 15 of us for dinner and I want to make the clean up easier.They are pretty paper plates with a cornucopia on them,and matching cups.

Favorite Answer

Works for me! I'm easy to please!...just as long as I dont have to use a paper cup for my beer....

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): alright paper plates thanksgiving dinner: https://bitly.im/wSOg0

For Thanksgiving we have gone to my parents or his parents so it's not all together. There's usually about a dozen people. We've never used paper plates. My mom doesn't even have a dishwasher but we use real plates. I don't see anything wrong with it (assuming this is a casual affair) but I can't imagine loading a flimsy paper plate with heavy turkey and dressing and fixings. How fast would gravy leak through? If they are really sturdy paper plates (like chinet) then it might work. I think the designs make it nicer than plain white too ;-)

• MSB

There's nothing wrong with a casual dinner using paper plates.

I've done it some years simply because I had more people coming over than I had plates to offer them... one year we had 22! And then more friends dropped in for dessert! Oh you better believe I used paper plated, even if I had enough regular plates I wasn't going to wash all those dishes.

I can't see why not if they are all family members. If anyone would comment, just tell them "THEY'RE" company is what you enjoy about the day, not spending time cleaning up in the kitchen. If I didn't have the help I do have on Thanksgiving, I'd definitely use paper plates. I've seen the neat holiday plates and cups with matching napkins. They're heavy duty and I say, why not?

I'd don't know. Call me o'fashioned, but we get out the best dishes we have. You can always use paper on any day of the week all year long.

It is nice to make Thanksgiving special!

And, relax, there are always so many people to help afterwards. If too many dishes is a hugh concern, you can make everything the day before, except the turkey, gravey and dressing. (Actually can do the dressing the day before, too, if not going inside the turkey). All other dishes can be made ahead of time, and all washed and put away.

My best,

Andie

Paper Plates sounds like a great idea. We do it every thanksgiving and it saves us alot of clean up time.

Sure they would be fine.. after all the best part is having everyone all together.. since you don't have to clean dishes after dinner.. why not plan some fun entertainment for all the crowd.. there are some really fun and great game ideas here http://www.celebrationideasonline.com/fun-thanksgi... They are all free.. you just print and play!

If it's a casual dinner yes but if it's a formal thanksgiving dinner like some go all out no however I use them every year bunk all the dirty dishes go for it its better to me.

Yeah, that's perfectly fine! Just make sure they aren't too flimsy so they can hold all that food. On my dad's side of the family we use paper plates every year! It's MUCH easier.

God bless.