would a purchase of coca-cola (ko) stock be a good investment for a new born to have...?

so they would have alot of money for future college expenses? held for about 18 years?

Favorite Answer

While it's doubtful that a company like KO would go out of business, a lot can happen in 18 years. You may still own the stock by then, but nobody can predict whether the price will go up or down with any certainty. Investing in only one company reminds me of an old saying about all your eggs and one basket.

A better idea would be to diversify your investment across several companies in different industry sectors.

A simpler way to diversify would be to invest in an index ETF, such as QQQQ, DIA, SPY, or VTI. You will be hard pressed to find a mutual fund that beats the indexes consistently year after year.

yes, it will be very nice. Over the past 18 years KO has appreciated 4.78 times, in other words a $1000 investment 18 years ago is worth $4,783.47 today.

Yes, as Coke is yielding just under 3% now, and as time goes by, will raise their dividend. I did this with my kids years ago in Exxon, GTE, AT&T, MO, MRK, and after 15-20 years of reinvestments, they all had money for college.

A++ for your thinking!

what if your money made you 1 - 10% or 10% to 200% per month

with no risk at all,what if you dont need to work and just enjoy life

what if you can watch your wealth growing while you are having fun

visit myfxfunds dot com

Rather, I'd say bonds. That's what my parents did for me. Purchase them, then store them until you want to redeem them.

If not, then you could put money in a CD or mutual fund.

not necesarily, buy and hold is not a good idea. buy and do homework things change.