What prevents ach from accumalating in the neuromuscular junction and causing a sustained contraction?

Thanks...I'm studying for an exam now and need some extra clarification...my book isn't really doing a good job at explaining things. Also, Succinylcholine behaves as a depolarizing agent that inhibits repolarization of the nerve. Therefore, no more ACh is released until the drug is cleared. What is... show more Thanks...I'm studying for an exam now and need some extra clarification...my book isn't really doing a good job at explaining things.

Also,
Succinylcholine behaves as a depolarizing agent that inhibits repolarization of the nerve. Therefore, no more ACh is released until the drug is cleared. What is another ste within the neuromuscular junction that might be affected to prevent muscle contraction?

A hint would be curare behaves via this mechanism...

Thanks!