Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Generally speaking, do you favor higher interest rates or lower interest rates?

I favor higher interest rates because that rewards savers who are responsible with their money; not reckless borrowers.

and you know something; the bank CDs out performed the stock market this past decade.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I favor higher rates during inflationary times, and lower rates during recessionary times.

• 3 years ago

opposite to great-unfold perception, there's no direct detrimental effect to cancelling. Cancelling does in the present day cut back any valuable effect that the cardboard would desire to be having (and finally removes any valuable effect that the cardboard would desire to have). it somewhat is principally an argument while that's an somewhat previous card and cancelling reduces the "age" of your credit background (the age of your oldest account that continues to be open) or reduces the hassle-free age of your open money owed. using fact the cardboard is purely 2 years previous, you do no longer could be seen approximately this problems. the main considerable effect of conserving the account open with a 0 stability is that the credit is obtainable to you. in case you have too lots credit obtainable to you, that's a detrimental effect (and closing might have a favorable effect). while you're maxed out on your different enjoying cards, then conserving the quantity of credit obtainable to you greater than the quantity it somewhat is in use (by technique of conserving this account open) would have a favorable effect and closing would have a detrimental effect. So it would desire to truly go the two way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interest rates should be determined by the market, not by the government.

Interest, which is just another price, is information. It conveys the relative value of savings versus the relative value of current consumption.

• 1 decade ago

High interest rates do not "reward savers". Higher interest rates mean the dollars you are earning are worth less. If you save the same amount proportional with inflation you are not making any headway.

You have more dollars but they are not worth any more. The only way to benefit from inflation is if you manage to save a lot of money, have a period of high inflation followed by a return to normal. But that is not possible to predict.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Interest rates should be determined by the market.. in an ideal world. In a world where we have people like Madoff, Enron, and other individuals that tried to cheat the system. People don't like it when government is in control, but government control is what keeps us from being cheated.

• 1 decade ago

Lower interest rates. The higher rates will push more people and business into bankruptcy and there will be less spending and slower recovery of the economy.

• 1 decade ago

Personally I like high interest rates for my investments and low interest rates for my loans, but that is a personal taste thing.

• *?*
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Oh yeah, I like paying the banks additional money. Sure! What do you say we raise mortgage rates back up to 18% like they were under Carter. Can't wait. It's coming.

• ash
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I favor higher rates when it is being paid to me, and lower rates when I am paying it.

Doesn't everybody?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Umm...Your question really doesn't make sense.

It's analogous to "Do you like high prices or low prices?" Obviously everyone likes paying low prices, but no one likes getting paid low prices for their work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.