1999 STS Heated Seat Issues?

Hi there, I have a 1999 STS, my driver side heated seat does not work. I know for a fact that the switch works because I flopped the driver and passenger side wires and the drivers switch worked the passengers heated seat when I did that. I know for a fact that the heated seat pads are working because I just bought them brand new from a dealer, butt and back. The wires are hot all the way down to the "heated seat control unit" which is where all the wires for it run to. There are 2 hot wires going into the heated seat control unit, I assume one is a high setting wire and one in the low setting wire. So my question is, is it the heated seat control unit? The way I see it that's what it has to be, but your the expert any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks for your time!

Favorite Answer

Could be that or the heater coil in the seat is bad and you're about to get a first hand look at why we only recommend Cadillacs for the deepest of pockets.

Hope it's not the heater element itself. Good luck.