Jessy
Jessy asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

Does this poem make sense? Is it even poetry?

I used to write poetry when I was little, but they were little rhyme-y things that were cute. The other day I just had the urge to write poetry, but I have noooooo idea if this poem makes sense, if its any good, and if it really even is poetry haha. If you would answer those questions I would be very grateful :)

A building stands,

Its purpose clear,

Its foundation stronger than a thousand piled stones,

Unshaken by the most brutal earthquakes,

Untouched by the harshest fire,

Until the falling day came.

A devastating earthquake showing no mercy,

Foundation crumbling, windows shattering,

No mercy is found, no acceptation is regarded,

It can never be rebuilt to the way it was before,

Nothing will ever be the same,

Pieces scattered, hope demolished,

Everything is falling, falling.

Thanks for reading even though it probably is really bad :) haha

Poems dont always have to rhyme...so beside that what do you think....

• Best Answer

honestly...its good

except it doesnt make sense how u said it was unshaken by earthquakes and then destroyed by one???

Most likely you let something out of your subconscious- does the building represent you and something you once believed that you recently discovered was not true? It's fantastic that even the foundation is gone, that represents a fresh start and a new beginning. Something new, true and stronger will be built in it's place.

Actually i really like it, its definatly poetry it doesnt have to rhyme to be a poem ha. It kinda reminds me of the relationship i'm in right now if that makes any sense lol.

Oh that's really bad....that poor building! Poems ok though!

(I like the way it sort of speeded up, then as it ended it seemed to end in full speed and conjured up a fading echo)

Poetry: Any communication resembling poetry in beauty or the evocation of feeling.

Yeah, what you wrote is definitely poetry.

• ?

Interesting. You have potential. Keep it up.

EDIT: It's clear the first two answerers know nothing about poetry.

myyyyyyyyy lady.....

u write for urself

or u write for people....

i mean i dont care how people feel about what i write..take pleasure out of ur writing, out of urself...people will never be happy..there can be a person who can write a theses to criticize this little poem of urs, but what it means for u...its freaking original in reality.....its original....no matter how rubbish for the world..:)

it make sense i think your poem is about life. you can only withstand so much in your life before it ends. you break down. fall to pieces. the stress weakens you, until you finally break.

well it is a poem for sure, because almost anything goes. i dont know if its considered "good" by authors, but i think its good.

GREAT JOB .. POEMS DONT ALWAYS HAVE TO RHYME!! NOT ALL OF ROBERT FROST'S PEOMS RHYMED AND HE IS AWESOME .. INSTEAD OF SAYING "A THOUSAND PILED STONES" SAY "THOUSANDS OF STONES PILED" ... AGAIN GREAT JOB .. I JUST MADE THIS WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN POST YOUR POEMS AND READ OTHER PEOMS .!! HOPE YOU GO CHECK IT OUT .!

<a href="http://wwayy.webs.com/">Visit My Website</a>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

VISIT MY WEBSITE .. PLEASE .. AND JOIN .!