Makeup tips for black girls?

There arent too many makeup tips out there for ppl like me who are dark skinned. Can you guys give me some help? I love making my eyes stand out and making my lips look fuller. Please keep in mind that I'm 16 & in high school so, I dont wanna look TOO made up. Thanks!

• Jenn
    Favorite Answer

i thought these were helpful for me...maybe they will be for u too since its a makeup line for colored skin.

http://imancosmetics.com/makeovers/

i just wish i could find sand 2 foundation in washington...i can only find it when im in cincinnati. i really like the last tutorial.

oh yeah here is a great tutorial for a metallic neutral look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gye5qDiVZqc

Youtube thumbnail

just get colors similar. urban decay sells similar colors.

here is a lil look that i really like from a book i got, conveniently its iman again...

1) prep ur skin with moisturizer after u cleanse ur face.

2)use an oil free liquid foundation that gives u a natural looking finish. use a sponge or foundation brush to swipe on ur cheeks forehead, nose and chin and blend out.

3) brush a neutral taupe shade (taupe is a dark grey brown) over lids and right above crease. apply mascara. use a rosy hue blush for ur cheeks. dab some pigmented ballerina pink gloss over ur lips.

that is an every day teen look from her book and it was used on a dark skinned girl...it looks very pretty and its nice and light on the model...

if u want ur eyes to twinkle, take a q tip and dab some copper metallic eye shadow on the center of ur lid. just a tiny bit and gently blend it out a bit. i use this trick all the time and it works for all skin colors...the color used is just varied...i would use a light gold shade on myself...the point being that u want it a bit lighter than skin colored so that it becomes a highlight...the metallic just makes the eye shimmer more.

Source(s): imans the beauty of book for the last part... its super helpful for women and girls of color... i really like it and it really gives u a good amount of info for beginner to understand.

I always thought a gold shimmer eye shadow looked good on people with dark skin! and Like a pink or red lipstick, that will make your lips stand out alot!

to no longer positioned on distinctive makeup you may desire to be soft alongside with your epidermis. in case you have distinctive zits get a treatment of face wash and basically shelter your face so that is going to sparkling up. then you definately can basically positioned on some powder conceal up! beginning up can each from time to time depart your face looking cakey! whilst i decide for a organic look i never positioned eyeshadow on. In some events i exploit nude colorations yet thats it! you will positioned on mascara to make our eyelashes have some quantity and look organic so i recomend that! desire I helped! (:

Varias veces he comprado sets de maquillaje o otras cosas para maquillar y siempre he estado muy contenta con las compras, como a mi hija le gusta mucho imitarme le he comprado a ella también un set de maquillaje para niñas, un set de juguetes, el set es perfecto, se divierte mucho jugando con él, he hecho una compra excelente

Stay away from the blue eyeshadow. you are sixteen all you need is a little lip stick and your eyebrows arched. with just a little foundations for the shinny nose. Nothing else.

let me tell you one thing pleaz dont use dark colors cause it wont look right. and if u dont want any thing that light i think u would like to wear mid colors and thats good for your skin colors and if u want light colors than i suggest that u wear like sum light purple and some mid light pinks not some thing to light.

i watch tyra a lot

i may not know too much

but...

put on mascara and medium toned gold eyeshadow

a bronze colored blush (if needed)

and a peach colored lip gloss

hope i helped

xoxoME 8)

answer mines?http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As2_6...

green or purple make up will stand out on you!

pink lipsticks too.