How scary was the movie Paranormal Activity?

I might watch Paranormal Activity today, but the problem is... I HATE HORROR MOVIES & the thing im most scared of in the world are ghosts. Do you think I can watch it? How scary do you think it is?

BTW Im 13 years old :)

Favorite Answer

i dont think its all that scary

honestly.. it was VERY SLOW at the beginning..

i remember almost falling asleep..

(i was a bit tired and it was late)

but the ending i think was the best!

it made you come out of the theatre saying holy shiit! lollsz

but overall the movie wasnt that scary and not the best horror movie ive seen..

but i noticed a lot of the girls got scared..

First of all there are not any ghost in the movie. The big bad is a demon.

The determining factor on weather you will be scared of this movie or find it boring, is how you feel about the subject matter - demons.

If you are a religious person and that kind of thing scares the poop out of you then yeah, I would skip this movie. I saw it last friday and it scared me pretty bad. I am 27 and grew up watching sci-fi movies like Aliens with my dad. I would consider myself the queen of horror movies. I have seen it all from the Exorcist to Saw and the Strangers. This was hands down the scariest movie I have ever seen.

This isnt your typical scary movie. Dont expect a ton of over the top gore and special fx....it resorts to some of the more classic elements such as what you cant see but are left to imgaine is more dramatic.

Let's just put it this way. I still havent been able to sleep. .....

Source(s): ACTUALLY SAW MOVIE

DO NOT SEE IT

my sister went to watch it, shes 18, she said she was balling her eyes out the whole movie and shes so scared I heard her talking to my mom saying how our cats were staring at the wall and there was nothing there so she ran, I would not suggest this, Im scared of ghosts too and demons. I never ever watch scary movies, there not COOL!!

Do not see paranormal, its suppost to be the scariest movie out right now, and includes losts of ghosts

Btw im sorry im kinda freaking out but I saw like half the movie with my sister then ran out the door

Source(s): Sister

i hate scary movies too so i can relate. well the movie isnt really bad until about the middle then slowly gets worse. i covered my ears to make the noises less loud. and i had trouble sleeping at night. some people would go out of the theater for a while then come back(the 1st being a guy). i stared above the screen. lol

Source(s): saw it last night

im a 13 yr old boy. i saw it today at 11:30am it wasn't all that scary or even good...it was kind of a let down you don't even see a ghost you see foot prints a shadow and a scary ending (that wasn't all that scary) its just suspenseful that's all. i suggest you don't see it

I haven't seen the movie myself, but I did read alot of comments on it on IMDB and from what most people said about it, it was VERY scary and unpredictable. It may spoil the movie, but if you are truly worried about if it would be too much for you the you may want to go to the IMDB website and look it up, read the comments and synopsis and make your decision from there.

here's the IMDB link for it if you want to read about it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/

I wanna watch it today, just see it its all fake, trust me, only way ur gunna live ur fear is to get over it..what is godforbit u saw a real ghost!!!! ull be glad u watched it..everyone will be talking about it.

Its super freaky, it messes with your head. There were parts where i was so afraid i teared up (20yrs old) I think it might be too much for you, unless you sleep with a sister or something. If u sleep alone i wouldnt watch it.

Source(s): Nikki

Its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scary. half the people ran out of the theater screaming. i actually hid under my seat and cried. Now i have to visit my psychologist every other day because i cant get any sleep sooooooooooo scary

Two of the people in the movie are real life actors lmfao, it's not real