Does anybody know any well known juveniles tried and punished as adults?

Like maybe a whole story on a teen who was tried and sentenced to death as an adult.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The Supreme Court held that it was unconstitutional to give those who committed death penalty crimes under the age of 18 the death penalty. However, there is a great story on Frontline that features 5 young people who were tried as adults and are doing life without parole. You may want to start there. It is called " When Kids Get Life". Also, the Supreme Court case was Roper v. Simmons.

Probably the most famous juveniles tried as adults may be Lionel Tate (from FL, who killed a little girl in a 'wrestling move') or maybe some of the school shooters.

• 3 years ago

i think of the age for "minor" could be replaced, yet i do no longer think of that each physique minors who dedicate violent crimes could be tried as adults. After having examine real debts of youngsters who've achieved horrendous issues, the thoughts are plenty extra complicated than you may think of. i do no longer think of that's real to aim ALL minors as adults consequently. I do, even though, think of the age could be diminished so as that toddlers who dedicate violent crimes could be tried as adults. they frequently use the protection of the present regulation to dedicate the crimes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.