When can Filipinos free themselves from the shackle of Colonial Mentality?

It is seems to me that Filipinos are deep buried with the Colonial Mentality. Look at the youngsters nowadays, imitating not only the fashion trend set by Americans and Europeans, but as well as their culture of not giving respect to their elders anymore. I am not surprised and can't help wondering where is the... show more It is seems to me that Filipinos are deep buried with the Colonial Mentality. Look at the youngsters nowadays, imitating not only the fashion trend set by Americans and Europeans, but as well as their culture of not giving respect to their elders anymore. I am not surprised and can't help wondering where is the Filipino culture that our ancestors have fought for before during the Spanish era, all gone in vain. Isn't it? Nowadays, teens are more proud to be wearing levis jeans and T-shirts made by other foreign country instead of patronizing their own product. If we compare ourselves to Japan, we are very far behind, in science and technology. Puro kasi katatawanan ang mga pinoy, pati dito sa forum dinadala ang kalokohan nila. May nagtatanong pa tungkol sa mga body parts sa loob ng refrigirator, wala namang pinupuntahan ang mga tanong. Me, I just skipped that kind of insane questions. It will not help the Philippines to be a progressive country. But nobody is reporting that kind of questions, kasi mabiro ang mga Pinoy, Pinoy eh, mas gusto pa nating tawanan ang problema kesa harapin ito at bigyan ng solusyon. Maybe this is one reason why the Philippines can not progress kasi wala naman tayong maisip na solusyon sa problema kundi tawanan lang ang mga ito.
Update: I can not believe you people on your premise that this is a result of globalization because if what you said is true then it does not serve the very purpose why it was created in the first place, to integrate communities by way of trade, sharing cultures, and economies that each participants may learn. Kung ang... show more I can not believe you people on your premise that this is a result of globalization because if what you said is true then it does not serve the very purpose why it was created in the first place, to integrate communities by way of trade, sharing cultures, and economies that each participants may learn. Kung ang kukunin lang natin ay ang mga bagay na hindi naman makakatulong sa kulturang pilipino, then shut it down na lang di ba. At isa pan ngang ang problema sa atin, we easily give in to something which is not rightly ours. Fashion, trends, and yet you said it a way to gain confidence, how pathethic is that? To say that being comic is a positive mindset, Im sure victims of Katrina and Tsunami did not use the same approach. Being comic is not a prerequisite to being resilient, Isnt it? Ang nakakatawa pa we take pride in saying ng most of the Foreign brands are made in the Philippines, we patronize it, dahil sa brand but we can not patronize our own. When are fililipinos going to wake up