UNITED STATED ARMY!!!!!!?

I would like to ask a question that to me, sounds somewhat legitimate. I am not very heavily educated about the military (don't hold it against me), although I do plan on joining in the near future.

Anyhow my question is this, what are the differences, as well as similarities between a US Army Infantryman and a US Army Ranger.

I do know that Rangers are often compared to Navy SEALs, but I am looking for more specifics than that.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The United States Army Rangers are an Airborne unit, they are not directly Special Operations, but just Special Forces.

They are attributed to the training of local/indigenous law enforcement and military as well as anything from direct combat to hostage rescue.

They are basically the best of Army Infantrymen, who are Airborne and specially trained.

They do have a small branch within called Delta Force, they are part of the Airborne Rangers though most the time see themselves as separates. They are the Special Operations, the Navy SEALs, Phoenix Raven, Force Recon, SAS, Spetsnaz equivalent if you must.

Source(s): USAF EOD, Enlisted

Army Rangers Are Compared to Navy Seals there Both Part of (SOCOM) How ever IM Knot a Navy Seal and I will knot Jude them based on the Army Rangers Ranger`s Go threw Sniper Training Airborne Training and are considered a part of Both airborne and Infantry . Ranger Chalks consist of 4-6 men in Each Team there are only 3 Ranger Battalions Why there are Many Infantry Units in the Army Like the 101st 82ND 1st CAV and Big Red 1 163rd 167TH 10TH Mountain Division And So on .

The Marines are a rapid response tactical drive. They are very well at that. The Army is slightly little bit of the whole thing (and sure the Army has watercraft too, extra then the Navy truthfully to right a million reply). The Army has a long run recognition that spans tactical, operational and strategic. For instance, in World War II, the Marines attacked the island and fought to a distinct factor on such a lot islands, then the Army could take over, transparent the island, rebuild the island, then flip the island again over to the federal government of the island. Today so much the equal factor occurs, the Marines reply to a crisis and does crisis comfort (by and large approximately a million month), then the Army takes over for restoration and transition (can take over a 12 months). So its now not rather who's pleasant, however you would say who's pleasant at detailed matters over the opposite.

Infantry is a MOS (Military Occupation Specialty) while Rangers are not. To become a Ranger you must first go through Ranger school, and then get assigned to a Ranger unit. Anyone can go to Ranger school although there is typically more opportunities in the Infantry. That being said Ranger school is not easy and it has a high attrition rate. Getting into a Ranger unit is also difficult. Many people who go through Ranger school return to their original units when they are done.

The Infantry is used primarily for occupation in wartime. Most of the time we are doing patrols and providing over-watch, however we do everything from raids to security. Rangers are typically given the more difficult missions since they are select group of individuals, and are not so much involved with occupation aspect of war.

Source(s): self, US ARMY Infantry SGT

Ranger is an identifyer its still apart of the 11 series MOS's i believe. they are a light infantry although some rangers aren't infantry. some guy just got recruited out of my station as a cook with ranger op they are special ops but not special forces. they do alot of work with delta they are airborne qual'd and some are halo/haho qual'd snipers. where as infantry have gone thrugh infantry OSUT but not ranger school

everyone else has pretty much answered ur question, but i just wanna say that before you make such a big decision you need to educate yourself fully on the subject. so that way, 3 years later, you wont be saying "omg im stuck in afghan/iraq. fml. i hate (insert MOS here). **** the military" its better to be fully aware and act than to be doing stuff out of ignorance.