promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

was kerry von erich better than triple h?

i know kerry wasnt good at promos, but im mean just wrestling

if your not very familiar with kerry von erich, dont just say triple h because his big name

my pops use to wrestle with kerry and he thinks hes better, what do you think

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not that Kerry was "bad" at promos, it's just that he was generally, uh, under the influence of something and that tended to make him...ramble a bit. Kerry was old-school, having been taught by his father Fritz, and could do effective old-school promos when he was...clear-headed.

But Triple H is much more entertaining on the mic, no question there.

In the ring, I'd give Kerry the nod. They were about the same size and both used a similar "power brawler" style, but Kerry was the better mat wrestler. Much like Triple H, after Kerry bulked-up, he lost speed and quickness and went with more of a power-brawling style. Both were effective with this style, but Kerry was more versatile in the ring. This is a bit of a debatable issue because we all know the WWE has a much more limited style of wrestling than any other promotion on earth, and the WWE wrestlers adopt a style to fit their gimmick and do not stray from it, ever. But I still believe Kerry was the better mat wrestler of the two.

By the time Kerry signed with the WWF, he had learned to work around his artificial foot (the real one was lost in a motorcycle wreck), but he was given that "Texas Tornado" gimmick, a good ol' boy from Texas who liked to fight, and he altered his style to fit that gimmick. With only one foot, he couldn't do much mat wrestling anyway, so the gimmick was a blessing. Had he signed with Vince before the motorcycle wreck we could have seen some very good matches between Kerry and Ricky Steamboat. Kerry was not in Steamboat's league (few were/are) but those two would have had some great matches. Randy Savage, as well.

Most people know Kerry as the brawling "Texas Tornado", but Kerry was a better wrestler than that gimmick (and his artificial foot) allowed. Better than Triple H.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kerry Von Erich is a better wrestler than Triple H, but not by a lot.

Most of his better days were in WCCW, and during his WWF tenure, he really didn't get to do a lot, nor id he show himself at his best. Triple H has always been average or lower in the ring, and not much he does screams "exceptional" at all.

• 1 decade ago

I'd rank Kerry Von Erich and Triple H to be even. Both had the "build" of a champion and could get over on the mic (Kerry wasn't too shabby in his WCCW days).

Without the accident that happened to Kerry, it would have been interesting seeing both of them progress (in the past) and to see which one would have come out on top.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think Kerry was a far bigger draw and far better wrestler than Triple H...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kerry was definitely a better wrestler than Triple H and Kerry only had one leg.

Source(s): Fact
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

during his time YES but now, triple H rules wwe.

but who will ever replace stone cold steve austin

give me a hell yeah

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes triple h sucks

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

anyone is better then triple h is a simple fact

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.