Tripping Billie asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I accidentally kicked my dog in his side?

He was on the table eating our dinner and I yelled at him and sort of kicked my leg out at him. ( I didn't mean to actually kick him I just wanted him to get scared and get away from the dinner )....

I know that was probably a dumb idea, please don't yell at me...

Anyway he moved suddenly and I kicked him in the side near his stomach accidentally....

He cried and squeaked for about 15 seconds or so and seemed like it really hurt. I feel really bad...He seems fine now, do you think he'll be okay? He's about 70+ pounds and is a rott mix so he's obviously not a tiny dog...

I really don't have a temper. I had just cooked an entire pot of spaghetti and walked into my dining room to find my dog with his face buried in it. Im pretty sure that would make anyone angry...I didn't even mean to touch him so cut me some slack please!

• Brutus

Accidents happen, but remember that yelling is not an effective way to train your dog. Instead of screaming at him try using a loud verbal distraction, like clapping your hands. The sound should be quick and sharp. Try not to get upset. Keep your cool.

Your dog will most likely be fine. His cries were probably more of a reaction to your emotional state at the time you kicked him. Keep an eye on him. If he starts to act strangely take him to the vet for x-rays.

Interesting how the universe gives us messages. Your temper needs grooming. Striking out when a stern "No" and grabbing him by the collar or neck skin and guiding him off the table would've been just as effective.

Do watch him closely. Internal bleeding usually doesn't show signs right away. Have you made nice with him? Gently feel the spot for lump and see how tender it is. If he acts odd during the night you may have to get to an all night ER vet. You should have one written on piece of paper on refrig or where you can remember it in case of emergencies.

Best of luck.

he should b fine maybe a bruise but next time you think about scaring you dog away by pretending to kick him grab him by the collar and move him away scold him that's way more effective then yelling and pretending to kick him.

if he seems different or acting hurt within the next couple of days or so i would take him to the vet just to make sure

Source(s): dog groomer
  • smiley

I understand exactly what your saying. I have 2 little chihuahuas and they are times you can just be walking and they will get in the way and the next thing you know they've been kicked. He should be fine. Do make nice to him.

Why kick a dog for eating your dinner.He doesn't no,my god he his a dog.Why did you left him alone in the kitchen any way.You better feel bad,cause that is cruelty to your dog.Please never do that again,think before you do some thing to your dog.Dogs need love and attention,not to be hurt.Be a responsible dog owner.

Source(s): I no you felt angry at your dog,but you just had to cook another pot of spaghetti,instead of kicking him he did not no he is a dog.God love you and your dog i do.Nest time just take a minute to cool down.

I'm sure he'll be ok,I don't blame you for getting mad about him being on the table.Try putting him in another room before you eat.

• I don't blame you for accidentally kicking your dog, but next time, please be more careful. Dogs have feelings too.

Your dog is a big one; he should be fine, but if you see any strange behaviour, something might be wrong.

Hope I helped :]

Hes probably fine.

well once my PUPPY got ran over by a golf cart but she is ABSOLUTLY ok what so ever. since her bones were made out o cartilage so her hip streched. she might have problems when shes older though...

anyways i think he was just kida scared so he jumped, and he might have been mad at you, he... he......he.........*gulp*

how bought you just sit by him and rub his belly playfully

bye!

Source(s): experience.........