Question for Liberals and supporters of gay rights.?

How do you guys live with yourselves? No where in the constitution does it state that any state in the union or the federal gov shall recognise a same sex union. There is NO separation of church and state. The US is a christian nation and needs to remain one. To legalise gay marriage is a violation of the first amendment.

We do NOT tolerate homosexuality in America!!! Move to Europe.

Favorite Answer

How dare you. The first amendment prohibits the Congress from making laws "respecting an establishment of religion", prohibiting the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech and infringing on the freedom of the press. Nowhere does it say anything about gay rights. it says about fredom of religion, saying that the congress can't make laws saying you're not allowed to follow a certain religion. I have my own choice words I'd like to say to you, but I will nbite my tongue for now, because you could report me if I make personal offensive remarks. I think you should read the constitution, and I think you should go back to the 1800's from whence you seem to have come, based on your views on homosexuality. Homophobs sicken me. I honestly don't know how you can sit there and say "You like people of the same sex so you're a bad person". you know who else hated homosexuals? Hitler. Are you a Nazi? I wouldn't be surprised if you hated jews too, and anyone else that has a different point of view. Why am I less than you? Because I can't make kids? I don't want sex. Because I like people of the same sex? No one on their right mind could hate someone just because of their sexual prefference unless they needed to be institutionalized. My advice to you is, admit yourself to thre mental ward of your local hospital, they can help you. but if you truely are as insane as you seem, you probably wouldn't know it and would instantly deny and dismiss anyone call you insane. I wish you to have a long and healthy life. I hope some day you will be tolerant instead of a blah blah blah. =) Oh, and by the way I know several hetrosexual men that enjoy anal stimulation. it's not un usual at all, just everyone thinks that if you like it you're automatically gay.

• Aidan

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Actually if you here you can see that the state stays out of church matters. The only thing it enforces is its right to free association. This is the same right which allows for the free association of same sex partners in marriage. Free association has been established by supreme court rulings. All you have on your side is a little rant. I think that conservatives should be seriously asked how they live with themselves. They hypocritically refer to these freedoms when its suits them in criticising health care reform but when it comes down to it they are more draconian than any liberal.

i want to start with your an idiot, get a grasp of your founding fathers and our history before you speak, we came to america originally to escape religious prosecution. and yes there is seperation of church in state, its in the constitution, read it sometime, it was one of the first things established, and learn to argue your points in a public way you fool, private arguments hold no validity in the real world, if you actually take the bible word for word your an fool, really noah took animails of both sexes and put them all on a boat, right, for all animals that currently exist the boat would need to be twice the size of michigan, im sure he made that, jonah lived in a fish for a week? really? and maybe if you could translate hebrew well enough, which i know you cant, the quote you reference in banning being gay, states 2 men can not have sex on a womans bed, cant really say that that bans gays, and genesis, give me a break, no evolution? ive watched a plant evolve over the course of 2 years into a different species.. funny thing is im christian too, im just not an idiot, i have this thing called logic that really messes with the whole belive stupid things because it was written in a book by a MAN a long time ago

Legalizing gay marriage is not a violation of the first admendment. Do you even know what the first admendment says? Everyone deserves equal rights... and this is not a Christian nation. It never has been and I hope it never will be.

• SJM

Gosh, you're a bit backwards aren't you? And there was me thinking America had moved into the 21st century.

What you do in your own own home is your business. But we as a society do not have to validate such perversions by permitting marriages. It's a states rights issue though.

Controversial topic.. I believe they should have civil unions

• ?

We tolerate homosexuality. You don't tolerate homosexuality. What we don't tolerate is when you spell legalize as legalise. This isn't Britain.