filled bankruptcy, need to rebuild credit.. where can I get a credit card?

I filled bankruptcy jointly with my husband.. it was discharged in April of this year. (it was alot of medical, and some past bad debt) I have a reg. credit card now.... been paying as agreed.. more than the minimum, and before it is due. I checked my credit score, and it is still 597...my husbands is 647. I want to raise my score to the 650-700 by next year... Where should I go looking for credit? I was thinking like target or a big department store.. just not sure... Would they even think about giving me a card??

I have two other accounts that are in good standings still. One was a jewelery store, the other was a furniture store.. then of course this other credit card that I got after the bankruptcy.

• CatDad
    Favorite Answer

To help build (or rebuild) a good credit history, it can be beneficial to get a secured credit card, the kind where you put up a security deposit and your credit limit is equal to that. You can use this to gradually rebuild a history of on-time payments that will be reported to the credit bureaus.

At HTTP://HELP.MYLOANSRATES.NET you can find the best financial solutions

RE Filled bankruptcy, need to rebuild credit.. where can I get a credit card?

• Sara

In the above answer, HBCS Card Service was mentioned. This has been the best company to work with for rebuilding credit. Don't get a card with any kind of fees attached, and don't tress over high interest cards. Paying your balances off each month will negate the interest and help your scores. BUT, the most important thing to do after bankruptcy is monitor your credit reports. Make sure all accounts are reporting "Included in Bankruptcy". Than go back six months later and check again. Make sure they are still reporting properly. Buy the book "Guaranteed Credit" by Arnold S. Goldstein

Here you can get rates: http://WWW.CREDIT-AND-FINANCE.COM , remember to compare before.

RE:Filled bankruptcy, need to rebuild credit.. where can I get a credit card?

credit cards.com

Find best solutions