Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should the NFL have allowed Rush Limbaugh to be co-owner of the Rams?

It would have been interesting to see if an all white football team could compete in the NFL....and the Rams would have been an all white football team as I am sure none of the highly talented black players would stay with a team who has a racist as an owner.

And any black guys still under contract with the Rams would have been benched because Limbaugh would suspect that they would intentionally try to lose the game just to make Rush look bad...

All in all...I think it would have been great fun!!!!

Anyone agree? Or did the NFL do the right thing?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I agree with your speculation.

• Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Raciest and bias attitudes was the topic coming from the NFL union rep. I knew he did not have a chance to buy the Rams. And I not talking about Limbaugh saw their thoughts on FOX, Union rep completely indicated that Rush did not have enough money to buy Rams he was racial profiling like it or not. This causes franchises to fail. As far as those other two Cosby and Al Sharpton they dictated to NFL what to do.

• 1 decade ago

The NFL did not do anything. Rush was sought out for this offer, he did not go looking for it. Rush would have treated any people the way he treats everyone else now. Rush is a businessman who likes to succeed. He is a competitor who likes to win. Like Rush said today, this is a blow to all conservatives. I might add, the Rams would have been a better team if they were to meet or talk to him. As he was a minority owner, he would not have had much input. However, I hear Soros was also brought on board as part owner.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea sure he going to buy a football team then because you say he dont like black people do away with all the black players which would be a lot of top talented players so the team could loose money and he would loose money makes perfect sense yea right .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"The NFL" didn't cut him off, although they'd have had to, ultimately,

had the blimp of limp been stupid enough to persist.

Here is a response I "stole" from another contributor that sums up Limbaugh's stubborn refusal to see HIMSELF as the problem:

"Well, it certainly couldn't be the drug and fraud convictions for Oxycontin. Or for prescrption shopping or doctoring valid prescriptions. It surely has nothing to do with gambling. It cannot involve the trips to the Dominican Republic to do little boys."

"It surely has nothing to do with his saying stupid things (WAY stupider than his ignorant McNabb synopsis, which was VERY wrong!) while working a commentator at ESPN in 2003. Incidentally, if McNabb had been as "average" as Blimpo claimed he was in 2003, he wouldn't be playing any more, let along winning and keeping two backups sitting on the bench! It's 2009 now, folks, and the NFL doesn't keep crummy players around, especially those counting for 8 million a year against the salary cap. But Piggy apparently STILL hasn't figured that out!!!! "

"It surely has nothing to do with his contemptuous remarks about American labor or minorities. He says it's the "long arm" of the administration. He says this is 'Obama's World'. "

"The 'minority' that cut him off cold was his co-investors, all WHITE. The NFL commissioner is white. The Irsays and Frontieres are white. It's as credible as most of the rest of what fatso says."

I concur with every syllable!

• d. w.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you should look at how many NFL football players have broken the law and drunk driving caring guns and whatever else .using drugs performance drugs and noon and who knows what .and there were to ball rush that will be end up paying some of their wages .

• 1 decade ago

Once again, the NFL did not exclude Rush Limbaugh. The investor group in which Limbaugh was a participant decided to drop him from the group, a free market decision. But, yes, I would have loved to have seen this go through. It would have indeed been great fun to watch all of the people who think Rush is a douchebag exercise their free market rights to stay away from his football team, including quality NFL players, even those under contract.

• Fred K
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

the only thing the Rams would have had is cuts from other teams they would have been hard pressed to beat a collage team it was good move on the NFL's part-and all the con's that make this a free speech issue its just as much the NFL's right too say who and who can't be an owner ain't freedom Grand

• 1 decade ago

Think what you may about Rush but the guy was willing to pony up millions of dollars, and any of those players who aren't good enough to play on any other team would be more than willing to take a couple of million a year from a guy that they disagree with politically.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Chickens will come home to roost. Looks like Limbaugh got a good look in the mirror.

Couldn't care less what the NFL decides about rich class bums.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the nfl has very strict rules for team owners. very few people can actually do it readless of the money. one such requirement is to have no ties to gambling. so there weeding people out left and right till theres one in the big group who can be mr clean. last thing they want is a team owner to be investigated by the IRS or busted by the FBI for anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.