U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien?

I'm filling out an application online and wants to know if I am a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien and then gives me the option to choose yes or no. I mean I'm a US Citizen but not a resident alien so I assumed to put yes. The next page then says

United States Banking regulations require us to collect the following information. We are asking for this information because you told us you were a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien. If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien, please click below.

Am I okay to go ahead with that? I'm so confused? Those are two different conflicting things to be, right?

Favorite Answer

If you are a US Citizen, required by law to disclose bank accounts in foreign countries, check the first box.

If you are a Resident Alien (Green Card), also required by law to disclose all foreign bank accounts, you must also check this box.

Now the next page says disclose all your foreign accounts unless you lied on the first page and you are neither a US Citizen or have a valid US Green card and US Social Security card valid for work in the USA.

Check this box if you lied on the first page. Since you did NOT lie on the first page, do NOT check the box on the second page.

Either you are a legal US resident and are subject to this law, or you are a visitor or an illegal alien and not subject to this law. Yes either/or is contradictory. Why is it confusing?

It says are you a US Citizen or Resident? Keyword OR, it does say and. That means your either one of the two. Not confusing at all.

You are a citizen so mark citizen...

the other option is if you were a resident who did not get your green card yet.