Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Do you wear your sneakers without socks?

Hello !

I often wear my sneakers without socks and my friends doesn't understand how I can like it, but I like it, it's not disgusting for me.

I'd like to know if wearing sneakers without socks is so disgusting and if you also wear your sneakers without socks, if I am the only girl who do it...

Thanks for your answers!

Favorite Answer

Socks help to absorb or prevent your feet from those sweat. If you do not want to wear high socks better try on toe socks.

Im sorry if you dint realize how nasty that is.

You see, no matter what activity you are doing, even if you are just taking a short walk, your feet are one of the biggest parts of your body that sweats. They are usually the first to sweat because they are trapped in a closed area with no fresh air coming in or going out. Socks have fibers that prevent your feet from getting too hot and therefore not sweating anymore than you have to. Also, without socks, your feet will rub up against the sides of your shoe giving rub marks, painful heels and much more. Also wearing socks prevents the spread of bacteria. You can wash your socks so the bacteria doesn't stay in your shoe or make it stink. You can wash your shoes too but you can never really get into all the cracks and crevices that they obtain...Please wear socks.

I've done it before when I was much younger, but it was on the rare occasion and usually when I was in a hurry to get out of the house. I never do it nowadays; I've come to feel that it's more comfortable and hygienic to wear socks with them. If I don't like the look of socks with sneakers, I'll just wear ankle-length socks with the sneakers. :)

I only do it when I'm too lazy to put on socks and need to go outside for a short period of time IE: taking out trash or checking mail.

However I wouldnt do it for a long period of time due to the fact it can cause athletes foot and other foot problems.

quickest way to ruin a good pair of shoes. Of course if you already have a pair thats all ratty, use those for going bare, I always keep an old pair for that very purpose, but only for short-term wear, I just don't like feeling nasty, tho when I was young I didnt care much about washing & that

I don't but only because it feels uncomfortable and because the friction between your bare feet and the inside of the sneakers can cause blisters to form.

I always wear socks with sneakers just because if my feet are especially sweaty my shoes wont start to smell. My roommate doesnt wear socks but when he shoes smell she sprinkles in baby powder to make it smell better. Its just a personal opinion.

please answer mine: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al8dn...

• Virgil

I wear all my shoes without socks.

I find socks bunching and uncomfortable, which is why I don't own any.

• Lv 7

ew yuck no. i dont even wear uggs without socks. it makes my feet feel wet/dirty/ew. and it ruins the shoes, makes them stink. not very comfortable either

only if im in a hurry. but if im going to the gym ill definetly put them on because your feet sweat lots then.