Cyber school vs. Public school?

Which do you prefer cyber school or public school?

Favorite Answer

Cyber school IS public school. They're both run by the district, approved by the district, and the district gets the federal dollars for both types of students. It's pretty much the same.

For the person who works at a school, I would very much like to know the percentage of kids coming back and being behind versus the total number of kids who enroll in the cyber program. You see all the kids who have fallen behind in the program...do you ever get to see those who don't? Your perspective may be skewed.

It's like the ER nurse who claims that homebirth is unsafe, because she sees "all these homebirth moms" who have to come to the ER, and now they're in medical trouble and why didn't they just come to the hospital to begin with? Well...she only sees the transports and the complications. Those who HAD their babies at home with no problem never come into the ER to say, "Hi there! Just wanted to let you know everything went just hunky-dory with the home birth! Thanks, bye!"

So do the successful cyber-schoolers stop by the office to drop you a note of thanks and bouquet of flowers, or are they largely invisible? Do they constitute a large portion of the total cyber-population or a small one? It's interesting to know...our teachers unions out here absolutely DESPISE cyberschooling and they make it as difficult as possible for parents to choose this option (the way they implemented the state law requiring the online option is why I say that). I don't know if that's just local or across the board.

Don't knock it until you've experienced it; as a child or a parent. The children who go back to regular classroom after cyber school do NOT fall behind because of the quality of teaching! They fall behind because of the lack of guidance they receive at home to be successful OR they learn better in a classroom setting with a live teacher. We are all different beings! There are students in a regular classroom (public school building) who are smart and have all that it takes to pass on to the next grade; but they are influenced and distracted by what is going on around them; school is a social event them! Cyber School vs. Brick and Mortal Public School and the success of either, is all up to the individual and their parent(s).

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Cyber school vs. Public school?

Source(s): cyber school public school: https://shortly.im/dWKus
  • Carl

Cyber school vs. Public school

http://homeschoolingfaqs.com/ might help

Source(s): Fight for every moment of togetherness with your family, for far more circumstances deny you the priviledge than ever make it feasible. Wes Fessler Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. Thomas H. Huxley Consistently wise decisions can only be made by those whose wisdom is constantly challenged. Theodor Sorenson

Right now i am writing a Pursuassive essay for school.

I am for Online School.

1st reason: You would have a chance to say what you want and not feel uncomfortable.

2nd reason: You would get a chance to meet people in a vast diverse community of people no longer available in Public Education.

3rd Reason; Your attendence is counted on PARTICIPATION not just showing up and drooling all over the desk.

4th Reason: It would make Public Education class sizes smaller and help the teacher create peer realashionships with only 15 students instead of 30.

Source(s): My mind and google.

It depends on the person, but I wish I could've been homeschooled as I HATED public school.

Hate public.

• MANDY

Depends on what you mean by "prefer". If you "prefer" to end up with a diploma, PUBLIC SCHOOL. If you "prefer" to get further and further behind because no one is keeping you accountable, go cyber school.

I work for a school and we are CONSTANTLY enrolling kids back into school who left school for cyber school. Now, they're coming back because they were failing at cyber school. It was too hard to stay disciplined enough to do the work on their own, and you don't have someone explaining things that don't make sense. So, they came back to school, only now they're behind because they missed so much.

Please, please, please do yourself a favor and stay in public school!!! I know it's a pain, but it's a bigger pain to catch up if you do cyber school.

I've never been home schooled, but my friend was home schooled and came back to public school and is having a really hard time with grades. I prefer public school. :)

Source(s): Friends experience. :)