Woman wants dress back after 5 years and I can't find it. Help?

5 years ago, I was in a dance recital. A woman in the recital let me wear her bridesmaid/prom-like dress for the dance. When the dance was over, I told her I would take it off and give it right back. She said no, that I could just keep it because she didn't need it anymore. Today, 5 years later, she called... show more 5 years ago, I was in a dance recital. A woman in the recital let me wear her bridesmaid/prom-like dress for the dance. When the dance was over, I told her I would take it off and give it right back. She said no, that I could just keep it because she didn't need it anymore.

Today, 5 years later, she called me saying she wants that dress back because she is getting married. The bad news? I can't find it! I thought I had kept it in my closet, but it is not there, so I must have gotten rid of it. I never thought she'd ask for it back. Thought she would have done that 5 years ago, after the dance! What should I do? Should I offer to buy her a new one? I am willing to make amends, but I don't want to have her take advantage of me. It's very, very odd that she expects it back after such a long time, but I don't want to be mean about it. I want to make things right so she isn't mad.

What should I do?