Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does God make a really good father?

If I was all powerful and my son/daughter was in Africa starving I would make it so that food would grow over there.

Favorite Answer

If god was real he'd be in jail on child endangerment, murder, fraud, and variety of other charges.

God made a choice either to spoon feed us all the things we need or to, like parents would do, give us THE TOOLS to fix it ourselves. This is our world, we must be responsible and learn how to run it, he put us on this Earth to live and take care of EACH OTHER. If people in Africa are starving, all he will do is make people realize it in hopes that we will conquer this problem.

Think about if he did just flicking his hands and giving them all food, we will be lazy and we will think "If we remain like this for a time, God will give in and give them food so we don't have to worry about it"

He loves us therefore he makes US the responsible party.

• lkl

Yes, God is an awesome Father. God's Royal blood is running through my veins as I am a daughter of the Almighty King of all Kings.

The Lord say's to love your neighbor as you love yourself, that means we are responsible for helping all the starving people and hurting people in the world. That is love, Christianity and service. I am here to serve my Father and I do the very best job that I can. He is always there for me and I trust in him. Ministries all over the world help out people in Africa all the time. If Our Heavenly Father wasn't a good father He wouldn't plant seeds in us to serve those in need. God, you are awesome and I praise your Holy Name!

• mark h

Literally the oldest excuse in the book, "It's God's fault".

I doubt it will play much with God however.

I mean if I created the universe, the earth, the entire ecosystem, seeds, fruit bearing plants that reproduce, animals that reproduce, and man.

Then after I instilled man with the knowledge and wisdom to sow and to reap, to advance technology which would serve to develop complex systems to produce food in mass quantities, and design machines to transport food over great distances in short amounts of time.

After God does all of that, and much more to be sure, some people still say......

Why doesn't God do something?

lol

Yes. God told you to help the poor and starving. Are you? No, there are no atheist organizations that do so.

Atheists in charge of the African governments oppress the people and steal aid that is sent into the country. They abuse the free will that God gave them resulting in other people being harmed. The atheist rulers live lavishly and oppress the people so they can keep them down and keep their power.

God makes an excellent Father; and didn't you know that there is enough food to feed all in this world, but the greed of men and corrupt governments prevent those who need it the most from receiving it.

Once again you have pointed out the logical fallacy of belief systems couched in wishful thinking. And don't worry, nobody dies, they live forever on a cloud playing a harp. Yeah, right.

God makes the best Father, for those who are His children. If you don't believe Him, you are not His child.

John 1:12

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

If God was a real father CPS would take the kids away. He Fails.

Yes.

Every country has the ability to feed their own people!

How is this God's fault if they don't?