Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaNiagara Falls · 1 decade ago

Niagara Falls ?? (: :) (: :)?

Okay so i have a project about Niagara Falls and i was just wondering if you could give me some basic information like where its at , how tall it is , how wide and how it was formed ??

Thanks In Advance ! (: :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Niagara Falls is divided into the Horseshoe Falls(Canada) and the American Falls(USA). The falls are in Niagara Falls, Ontario and Niagara Falls, New York. The Horseshoe Falls drop about 173 feet (53 m), the height of the American Falls varies between 70–100 feet (21–30 m) because of the presence of giant boulders at its base. The larger Horseshoe Falls are about 2,600 feet (790 m) wide, while the American Falls are 1,060 feet (320 m) wide.While not exceptionally high, the Niagara Falls are very wide. More than six million cubic feet (168,000 m³) of water falls over the crest line every minute in high flow, and almost 4 million cubic feet (110,000 m³) on average. It is the most powerful waterfall in North America. Niagara Falls were formed when glaciers receded at the end of the Wisconsin glaciation (the last ice age), and water from the newly-formed Great Lakes carved a path through the Niagara Escarpment en route to the Atlantic Ocean.

• 1 decade ago

All of your questions can b easily answered by simply entering "Niagara Falls"in the SEARCH bar and clicking "go." There are zillions of sites with this info...and if you use them,you will get th correct info and have a reference to give also. I have put one below and you can find others as needed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's in Ontario, near the US border and it's the 2nd largest in area after Brazil's Iguacu Waterfall.

• 1 decade ago

Hi,

Its YOUR home work, shouldn't you be researching it?

read this and you should have all your answers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Falls

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.