Navy; Dishonorable Discharge Reasons?

Say a person in the Navy is getting dishonorably discharged. This person is being watched by a guard 27/7, and only gets 15 minutes of free time a day to call his wife and such. The entire process for him to get discharged only took a month, and anyone in the military knows nothing goes that quickly in the... show more Say a person in the Navy is getting dishonorably discharged. This person is being watched by a guard 27/7, and only gets 15 minutes of free time a day to call his wife and such. The entire process for him to get discharged only took a month, and anyone in the military knows nothing goes that quickly in the military.
He is lying to his family and is having his wife make up a story about him having a honorable discharge to tell everyone when he gets home, and his wife is too embarrassed to talk about what really got him discharged. I'm thinking that for him to get dishonorable discharged, it has to be something REALLY bad, and I'm not sure I want me or my family to be around someone who has managed to do this, and who is having to be guarded by guards, no less. This person works with bombs, or so he said when we met through our wives. This could be a lie, as he is a compulsive liar.

My question is..
What could this person have done in order for these actions to have come to be? I know a dishonorable discharge involves a felony, but what could have caused him to have to be under lock and key and under such strict supervision. Any ideas? I just want to keep my family safe. I have a bad feeling about the guy, and he seems a little nuts to begin with..