Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 1 decade ago

help! im really scared! could be a spider bite..?

okay so last night this all started. first my face started to itch, like my whole face. then under my knee started to itch like crazy. next thing i knew i had huge whelps covering about a 3 inch radius. each whelp was like the from like 1/4th an inch to half and inch wide. then different spots on my thy, calf, arm and my hand started doing the same thing.

so this morning it looked a little better but a lot of the whelps were still under my leg which i still the worst part. ive been getting extreme hot flashes all day and ive been feeling nauseated. and keep in mind im only 15

but now their worse and i have a new pot on my neck! under my leg i just noticed 2 little holes like a spider bite. they might have just gotten there from my scratching but idk. i just sprayed some bynadril on it and the itching has gone down a lot but it still stings a little. what could this be??

Favorite Answer

I think that you should tell your parents first of all. An I had a spider bite on the back side of my leg one night a few months ago an I woke the next morning to bumps all over my body, a fever, hurt all over and began to have breathing problems. I went to the er an they just gave me some meds for a bug bite and then I went home. A few hours later I got even worse. I went back 2 more times an then they decided that I had an allergic reaction to a spider bite. It took me a little over a week to get better. All Im trying to say is that these things can get serious an I think that you should talk with your parents. Although you said this was the other day? So I think you should be fine, but it never hurts to have it looked at. You never know what it could be.... Good Luck, an dont let what i said worry you. What happened to me doesnt happen very often an Im not saying that will happen to you.

Hey! Cool down.. Most spiders are harmless to humans but about sixty varieties out of a pool of over 20,000 species are the exception to this rule. Of this subgroup the Hobo Spider, Yellow Sac Spider, Black Widow, and Brown Recluse are the most harmful. Further dividing the subgroup we find that only the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse can also carry disease and death. The habitat of the Brown Recluse is the **Southeastern and Midwestern United State.** Brown Recluses will live in dry places like cupboards, woodpiles, old tires, sheds, verandas, barns, basements, attics, and more; making a web in cracks and crevices. You will only come into contact with Brown Recluse bites if the spider feels it is threatened and only then will it bite. Even though the venom of the Brown Recluse is more toxic than a rattle snake it carries less disease. Brown Recluse bites do not contain high quantities of venom. The venom from Brown Recluse bites is still powerful enough to cause necrosis or tissue death. When the skin and blood cells break down, a condition called gangrene can set in therefore further rotting away the immediate skin around Brown Recluse bites. Left untreated, the victim can suffer from kidney failure, lapse in a coma, or die. However, victims do not always notice Brown Recluse bites or consider them dangerous in the initial stages. They might feel a burning sensational, itching, fever, and nausea or muscle pain days after the Brown Recluse bites. The Brown Recluse bite marks may only start out slightly red and heal in a few days. Sometimes the Brown Recluse bites blister and turn bluish in color (beginning of necrosis). If you suspect you have been bitten by a Brown Recluse, you will need to seek immediate attention and if at all possible bring the spider with you to the hospital. There are no specialized tests to identify Brown Recluse bites, but your doctor will take a history of the bite, time, place, etc. He will also order a CBC (complete blood count), urine tests, electrolytes test, and kidney function tests. First Aid home care should never replace medical care which is of the utmost importance. But in the interim before the ambulance from your 911 call comes in or before you can get to the doctor on your own, you can do a few of these things: Wash the wound with cool soapy water Apply an ice pack to the wound to reduce swelling Raise the wound site above the heart (if possible) Stay still and take a pain tablet Do not apply topical creams such as hydrocortisones and do not try to suck out the venom or cut it out, you can cause even more damage to your skin and body that way. Your doctor will be responsible for administering a tetanus shot, prescribe an antihistamine any other pain killers. There are some controversial methods of care reserved for the most severe cases such as the use of dapsone and steroids. Your doctor will make a follow up appointment for you to see how the Brown Recluse Bites are healing. In some cases hospitalization and or plastic surgery may be required.

Could be an allergic reaction to an insect bite...or something you ate. The bumps are probably hives due to some allergic reaction. If the symptoms persist I would go see the general practitioner.